Sr Director Strategy Projects
Our Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - connecting Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Together, we are proud to support 30 million Canadians each month through managing a robust portfolio that champions leading-edge technology. We drive large-scale, complex, and high-visibility technology projects and programs that shape the future of technology in Canada and expand connectivity from coast to coast. If you are interested in being a part of this, consider applying for the following opportunity:
The ‘Sr Director Strategy Projects’ is accountable for supporting leadership decision making by providing insights and analysis of new technologies for the evolution of our existing networks. Working with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, you will focus on qualitative and quantitative data to provide a future vision for the organization. Your deep expertise within the Wireless industry will ultimately lead to recommendations on how we spend our capital most efficiently and effectively to set the business up for future success.
What you’ll do:
- Collaboration with teams across Rogers and our technology organization to provide guidance on new technologies, customer requirements and government regulation.
- Creation and Management of Business Case Analysis for Network Partnerships as well as New Service Offerings.
- Technology modeling for Mergers and Acquisition opportunities including economics around technologies.
- Analysis of markets, technology, regulatory, and customer trends for executive leadership.
- Management of strategic and tactical relationships with vendors and industry partners.
- Derived insights from peers and competitors in the Telecommunications industry around their technology and geographical investments.
What you bring:
- Technical acumen
- Deep understanding of Telecom Industry, Operations, and Regulations.
- Expert level knowledge of Wireless and wireline technologies (strategic and operational).
- Business Analysis (business cases & business plan)
- Ability to deliver executive level presentations.
- Clarity in articulating complex concepts in an engaging, persuasive, and digestible manner.
- Navigation and adaptability in an environment of ambiguity where each day is different from the next.
- Relationship building, vendor management, partnership Influencing.
- Analysis & Financial Modeling
- Working within Financial Budgets to monetize Technology products and marketing.
- Analysis of data, developing a business case, provide recommendations to the organization on a 3+ year horizon, put into known language.
- Focus on qualitative and quantitative data to project future vision for the organization.
What’s in it for you?
We believe in investing in our people and helping them reach their potential as valuable members of our team. As part of our team, you’ll have access to a wide range of incredible resources, growth opportunities, discounts, and perks, including:
- Competitive salary & annual bonus.
- Competitive & flexible health and dental benefits, pension plan, RRSP, TFSA, and Stock matching programs.
- Discounts: Enjoy up to 50% off Rogers Services and Blue Jays Tickets, 25% off TSC items, and a 20% discount on all wireless accessories sold in Rogers stores.
- Paid time off for volunteering.
- Company matching contributions to charities you support.
- Growth & Development Opportunities:
- Self-driven career development programs (E.g., MyPath program).
- Rogers First: priority in applying to internal roles of interest.
- Wellness Programs:
- Homewood employee & family assistance program.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) & Virtual therapy sessions.
- Low or no-cost fitness membership with access to virtual classes.
- Our commitment to the environment and diversity:
- Work for an organization committed to environmental protection.
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion with employee resource groups supporting equity-deserving groups including groups representing People of Colour, 2SLGBTQIA+, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Women. We all bring something different, and we know what makes us different makes us great.
This is a hybrid work position and will require you to be in our Toronto office (1 Mt Pleasant Rd) three days per week. You can choose which days in office work best for you!
If you are selected to move forward in the recruitment process, here is what you can expect:
- 15–30-minute phone screen with your recruiter, 1-hour virtual interview with current incumbent in role, request for a prepared case study, 1-hour virtual or in person interview with hiring manager SVP, possible 30-minute final round virtual interview with CTIO. Best of luck!
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Network Design
Requisition ID: 302209
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology