Sr. Ntwk. Des. Spec. Net. Labs
Our Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - connecting Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Together, we are proud to support 30 million Canadians each month through managing a robust portfolio that champions leading-edge technology. We drive large-scale, complex, and high-visibility technology projects and programs that shape the future of technology in Canada and expand connectivity from coast to coast. If you are interested in being a part of this, consider applying for the following opportunity:
The successful candidate will be a results-oriented with industry knowledge and technology experience who will help lead the modernization, and continued development of the Rogers Unified Network lab facility.
- Work directly with cross functional stakeholders to develop unified lab design, architecture and planning strategies at all levels of detail
- Work with IP Engineering team to provide solution and evolve Lab unified IP and Network Security architecture and infrastructure
- Provide E2E IP connectivity support for Rogers Unified Network lab
- Develop and maintain full inventory of IP flows and design documentation for Rogers Unified lab
- Manage IP Address spaces for Rogers Unified lab
- Ensure lab network security is maintained, working in collaboration with Security team
- Maintain all testing equipment
- Maintain and support existing environments including troubleshooting and providing corrective actions
- 5+ years of experience working in the telecommunications industry with a focus on network technologies and related operational support systems
- Experience in a direct or matrixed roles leading technical and non-technical transformation project teams with a proven ability to work across broad functional teams
- Undergraduate university degree in Computer Science, or Electrical/Computer/Electronics/Telecommunications engineering
- Strong communication inter-personal skills, teamwork, and collaborative abilities.
- Can identify improvement opportunities and implement necessary changes
- Innovative and Creative thinking, Problem Solving abilities, adaptability, and Initiative
- Data-driven decision maker
- Results /outcome oriented
- Must be able to multitask effectively across other responsibilities
- Able to work in a changing environment and able to adapt with these changes
- Excellence in planning & presentation
- Excel in high pressure troubleshooting events
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in computer Networking / Engineering.
- Networking Certifications from either of Cisco, Juniper or Arista.
- Excellent Working Knowledge of the following IP standard and technologies:
- LAN/WAN, L2 and L3 Ethernet Switching
- IP Routing OSPF, BGP, Multicast, MPLS
- Datacentre IP Fabric, VxLAN
- Network Security/Firewall technology and other IP services
- IPSec VPN, RADIUS, TACACS and AAA, DHCP, DNS, Load balancer
- Knowledge of Wireline and Wireless 3GPP (4G/5G) standards and technologies.
- Familiar with Virtualization and/or Containerization technologies such as VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes, and microservices.
- Confident with logical diagram, presentation, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, optical meters, and LAN test equipment.
- Knowledge of datacentre fundamentals such as AC/DC Power, HVAC and Thermal Load
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 301182
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology