Sr. Enterprise Architect
Our Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - connecting Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Together, we are proud to support 30 million Canadians each month through managing a robust portfolio that champions leading-edge technology. We drive large-scale, complex, and high-visibility technology projects and programs that shape the future of technology in Canada and expand connectivity from coast to coast. If you are interested in being a part of this, consider applying for the following opportunity:
Rogers is dynamic Canadian media and telecommunications company. Innovation is our legacy and building a brilliant modern future is our mission. As a leading Canadian company, we are passionate about winning and committed to pursuing the best. This translates into everything we do, including the selection of a candidate. Senior Enterprise Architect. Reporting to the Principal Architect - Architecture Strategy, you will play a critical role in defining and driving the roadmap and target architecture for key BSS, OSS, HR and ERP domains and capabilities.
What you will be doing – key responsibilities:
- Define the target architecture & roadmap for BSS, OSS, ERP, HR domains to support the business strategy and define the architecture principles that guide design decision-making.
- Analyze the current IT landscape, detect critical deficiencies, and build gap analysis to drive the technology roadmap.
- Lead identification and analysis of key industry and technology trends and provide technical leadership in vendor selection initiatives (RFI/RFQ/RFPs).
- Develop relationships with business stakeholders, product managers, and delivery teams to build the technology roadmap.
- Communicate the technology roadmap to stakeholders at different levels of the IT and business organizations.
- Develop internal architectural standards and patterns and communicate them across solution architects, tech leads, and developers.
- Lead architecture review boards and govern the implementation of architectural principles and practices.
- Provide strategic technical direction across value streams and ARTs to ensure the organization can take advantage of emerging opportunities while responding to and mitigating threats.
What you bring – competencies & qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or Engineering discipline (required).
- 5 to 10 years of Solution or Enterprise Architecture experience in a large enterprise IT, preferably in telecommunications
- A strong understanding of Business Support Systems (BSS), including CRM, Order Management, HR and ERP systems.
- A strong understanding and experience in Microservices architecture and cloud native solutions.
- A strong understanding of common architecture frameworks and information models such as TM Forum Frameworx (Open API, TAM, eTOM, SID) or Zachman, TOGAF.
- Strong decision-making, consensus building and conflict-resolution skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills both in person and written, ability to produce clear and comprehensive technical documentation.
- A keen and demonstrated interest in learning opportunities to further develop self and community.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technologies and business environments.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 296684
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology