Our Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - connecting Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Together, we are proud to support 30 million Canadians each month through managing a robust portfolio that champions leading-edge technology. We drive large-scale, complex, and high-visibility technology projects and programs that shape the future of technology in Canada and expand connectivity from coast to coast. If you are interested in being a part of this, consider applying for the following opportunity:
We are looking for ML Engineer to join our team to develop, and maintain AI / ML models in support of AI Nerve Centre at our Vancouver or Greater Toronto Area location. This is a key role in building solutions by turning data into actionable ML insights through conceptualizing, designing, developing analytical solutions as required. ML Activation will be across Roger’s business units, channels and care and marketing platforms. We have a long history of investing in the next generation, and we’re committed to making Rogers the top destination for young people to start and grow their careers in Canada. In 2020, we were named one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People for the 10th time, and in 2021 we were named one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies to work for in Canada. At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your possible.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Provide Data and Predictive AI + ML Strategy input throughout the design, development and deployment stages of the AI Nerve Centre Platform.
- Lead the utilization of advanced Machine Learning tools and analytics frameworks including: AML – Azure Machine Learning, ADB – Azure Databricks, and ADO – Azure Dev Ops.
- Build and maintain an expanding set of predictive models in support of the Campaign, Operations and Personalization strategies.
- Collaborate with Strategic Insights, Marketing, Sales and BU teams in the development and deployment of the predictive models across Channels.
- Monitor the model performance and make ongoing corrections by executing extensive model testing strategies.
- Collaborate with IT Infrastructure teams in monitoring therefore ensuring ongoing stability.
- Prepare model development and deployment documentation.
- Passionate about data science, technology, analytical models, machine learning, quantitative modelling, software development and automation
- Solid understanding of DevOps principles and experience implementing DevOps practices in software development projects
- Proficiency in DevOps tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, or similar technologies
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Demonstrated expertise in working with large modeling data sets
- Excellent understanding of the underlying Statistical, Machine Learning theory and Predictive Modeling Lifecycle
- Write high quality code with unit tests as well as data tests and perform code reviews
- Proven ability to work in a team focused environment
- Experience working with Stakeholders/Business Units to deliver automated ML Ops solutions to meet their needs
- Ability to get along with people; Self-motivated, eagerness, and enthusiasm
- A mindset of creativity, innovation, and energetic drive to succeed
- Must have excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- You have strong software engineering skills and strong programming skills in Python/Pandas/ML Libs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and their DevOps services
- Degree in Machine Learning, Statistics, AI, Computer Science or a related field, Masters degree preferred
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: Rogers Tower 1067 West Cordova Street (7854), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 288035
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology