Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
We're looking for a Full-Time Web Editor/Reporter!
Are you passionate about telling stories that matter to Vancouver? Does the idea of working in fast-paced, multi-platform newsroom excite you? Are you driven to create digital content that captivates hearts and minds, and forces change? Then we are looking for you!
What you will do…
- Work with a talented team of journalists to produce digital content that captures the attention of Vancouver
- Pitch original story ideas which lead to riveting content that you produce yourself
- Support your teammates by helping convert stories designed for a radio or TV audiences for a digital audience
- Deliver stories which will stand out from the competition
- Focus on telling stories for a digital audience, while also serving those on radio and TV
What you will bring…
- A passion for storytelling - you know what makes a great story and know how to tell it
- A portfolio filled with compelling content, consumed by major market audiences
- Ability to find original stories about people and issues which reflect Vancouver’s exciting and diverse communities
- The curiosity needed to break stories and challenge norms as a bold, strategic, and creative thinker
- An understanding of the needs of a 21st century, multi-platform newsroom
- A willingness to put team interests ahead of your own. You want to be here to do a good job, but also have fun doing so
- News moves fast! You must be able to multi-task and deliver for multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines
- A digital-first mindset with an understanding of the challenges facing journalism today
- Because news never stops – a willingness to work evenings and weekends
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers.
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”.
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.).
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 2440 Ash St (094), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 301144
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media