Looking to join a growing financial services team? Rogers Bank, a subsidiary of Canada's leading wireless, cable and media company, is expanding and seeking passionate individuals to develop and implement innovative financial solutions and experiences. The bank offers unique cash-back benefits and financing options for Rogers purchases using cutting-edge technology. Interested? Take the next step and consider this opportunity to make a meaningful impact with Rogers Bank.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Disputes and Back Office, the Disputes Investigator will be responsible for a wide range of duties related to the disputes investigation process. This includes determining chargeback eligibility and building memorable customer experiences with Rogers Bank clients.
What you will be doing:
• Review, research, and initiate the resolution of dispute inquiries from cardholders, and internal departments in compliance with the bank’s SOP.
• Responsible for the end-to-end management of multiple dispute cases throughout the chargeback lifecycle up to and including arbitration.
• Responsible for performing analysis and research to determine chargeback eligibility based on Mastercard guidelines.
• Own escalations on complex inquiries related to credit card disputes supporting stakeholders from a variety of internal and external parties including Customers, Finance. Fraud and Complaints
• Responsible for performing analysis and research of card related data in addition to reporting on Disputes trends and losses.
• Work closely with management to analyze and identify dispute trends, gaps and implement controls to improve compliance, Bank and customer outcomes.
• Support Finance team with clearing and settlement of unmatched Disputes entries.
• Identify opportunities for policy, procedure, and process improvements within Disputes Chargeback operations and champion those opportunities from idea to implementation.
• Ensure department management is kept informed of any issues or development that could impact the overall risk of the program being supported.
• Support the creation of monthly business reports for Disputes.
• Maintain reporting of KPIs for Disputes
• QA and oversight of outsourced agents
• Occasional support of other Back Office functions at the Bank
• Other duties as assigned
What you have:
• A minimum of 2 years industry experience in credit card customer service and the MasterCard Chargeback process
• Competency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, and the ability to learn new technologies/systems.
• Strong influencing skills
• Effective multitasker who can work autonomously.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with individuals across the organization and the outsourcer.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Working knowledge of TSYS, TS2 (preferred)
• Bilingual (French/English) preferred
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Banking & Compliance
Requisition ID: 301442
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Corporate