Manager Infra Ops
Our Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - connecting Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Together, we are proud to support 30 million Canadians each month through managing a robust portfolio that champions leading-edge technology. We drive large-scale, complex, and high-visibility technology projects and programs that shape the future of technology in Canada and expand connectivity from coast to coast. If you are interested in being a part of this, consider applying for the following opportunity:
Roles and Responsibilities:
Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference. That's Rogers. A leading communications and media company where people come to do great work. Right now we are looking for talented individual to join our winning team as Manager Infra Ops, where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and to do what really matters. Infrastructure Operations Manager role will consist management of the physical and virtual environments supporting various wireless network platforms.
This Role includes:
- Service Operations (‘SvcOps’) and Application Operations (‘AppOps’) aspects to upkeep the services being provided to Rogers wireless customers.
- Support hardware, software, and OS 24/7. This includes overseeing configuration, upgrades, administration, monitoring, maintenance, and deployment of patches.
- Ensure that the various server uptimes are meeting the agreed metrics.
- Coordinates the backup and disaster recovery plans with external vendors and other functional leads.
- Act as a liaison between vendors, technical support, and departments to resolve complex system and network problems. Coordinate and implement corrective measures.
- Project implementations including hardware augmentation, logical configurational changes, Deployment of VMs, Storage augmentation etc.
- Platform lifecycle management.
- Identify and thoroughly research various server/virtualization solutions/storage architecture with engineering counterparts along with applications suited for the operations team and develop the business case justification as required.
- Manage responses to security incidents. Work with various functional groups to ensure end-to-end system security regarding data exchange between systems both internal and external.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Systems Administration
Requisition ID: 301179
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology