Reporter Arabic - OMNI NEWS
Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
Are you in tune with the stories that matter to the Arabic community in Canada? Are you a passionate storyteller keen on connecting with the community to tell these stories? If so, you may be the right person for us.
OMNI News is seeking a reporter to join our team on a Full-time basis to provide stories for our national Arabic newscast. If you are fluent in written and spoken Arabic, have journalism experience, and are a team player, we want to speak to you.
What you will be doing...
- Pitch, chase, write, research and present compelling stories and segments on-air with an emphasis on content for the Arabic community.
- Monitor all news sources and be on top of breaking news and developing situations.
- Assist in breaking news coverage.
- Be willing to work multiple shifts including evenings and weekends, if needed.
What you will bring...
- Fluency in written and spoken Fus-ha Arabic.
- Familiarity with the culture, needs, and sensibilities of the Arabic community.
- Knowledge of Canadian news and how it impacts Arab communities across Canada.
- Ability to take direction well and willing to adapt to rapidly changing technology and breaking news.
- Experience in news with strong news judgment, good writing skills, knowledge of current events, and excellent communication and people skills.
- A team-player attitude.
- Degree or Diploma in Digital Content Creation/Management or Broadcast Journalism or related field and/or equivalent experience an asset.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers.
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”.
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.).
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 300972
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media