Sr Data Analyst (Revenue Assurance)
We are committed to connecting Canadians through unique partnerships, our world-class network and content Canadians love—and our innovative team is growing. We are looking for dedicated team members to join our Corporate team who have a genuine passion for making positive impacts on customers and the communities where we live and work. We have a variety of business units with exciting and meaningful work waiting for you, including Communications, HR, Legal and Corporate Affairs, Supply Chain, Finance, and Real Estate. If you are considering your next step, we have exciting opportunities waiting for you. Come build a rewarding career at Rogers and be a driving force behind our success story!
We’re building a brilliant, connected future for Canadians and we need innovative thinkers to help us deliver quality and value to our customers. As an experienced Sr. Revenue Assurance Analyst, you know how to uncover trends and tell meaningful stories through data. You collect, organize, and interpret information and work collaboratively across operations business teams to build powerful and insightful data analytics solutions.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Revenue Assurance, the successful candidate will be an energetic, thorough, and detail-oriented contributor with expert knowledge of controls, data analytics and reporting. We have a bold vision of developing new Revenue Assurance capabilities to deliver even better experiences to our valued customers and frontline team members that support our customers. To enable that vision, we are looking for individuals with a passion for collaboration and innovation. Gone are the days of traditional transactional reporting using clunky tools and stale data – join us to make an impact!
What you’ll be doing:
• Design and build Revenue Assurance controls, reporting and dashboards, focused on reducing revenue leakage and uncovering revenue recoveries and opportunities to save.
• Monitor Revenue Assurance controls, reporting and dashboards to identify revenue related risks, and recommend, implement, and monitor corrective actions.
• Perform analysis and transformation of various internal and external data sets with the aim of generating actionable insights.
• Undertake self-initiated analysis to uncover opportunities or instances of revenue or cost exposure/overbilling.
• Generate business case and/or cost benefit statements to support analysis and key findings for any revenue recovery opportunities.
• Collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders at all levels to resolve issues or identify and implement opportunities that improve operational processes.
• Help with process automation, technical and analytical support to the operational and management teams when required.
• Identify opportunities to leverage advanced analytics (esp. predictive) to effect better business outcomes.
• Support data stewardship and data governance activities and initiatives as needed.
What you’ll bring:
• Undergraduate degree from a recognized university (mathematics, business, computer science or equivalent).
• 3-5 years of demonstrated business reporting and analytical experience, preferably within the telecom industry.
• Experience analyzing, manipulating, transforming, and interpreting large and complex datasets (i.e., millions of rows)
• Technical Aptitude: Advanced knowledge of database queries, structures, and data management principles. SQL, Databricks, Excel/VBA, SAS, Business Objects and other coding will be an asset.
• Experience with one or more current BI and visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI.
• Practical experience with ETL (extract, transform, load) processes and associated tools.
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; and highly detail oriented
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to contribute to and support multiple projects in a high-paced performance environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the master data lifecycle, including experience with data profiling and data quality.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Audit / Compliance
Requisition ID: 301070
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Corporate