Jays Care RBI Summer Edition Assistant Coach
At the Toronto Blue Jays, our mission is to get better every day to win world series championships and celebrate with our fans across Canada. Whether you are part of our team on or off the field, we have an unwavering commitment to elevate every aspect of our roles, consistently innovating and delivering excellence each day.
We offer a unique and exciting experience that extends beyond the ballpark, whether you are passionate about baseball or simply interested in becoming a part of a multifaceted, diverse sports organization, we welcome you.
If you are motivated to help bring World Series Championships back to Canada and to celebrate with our fans, there's a spot waiting for you here with the Toronto Blue Jays!
Jays Care RBI Summer Edition Assistant Coach
Jays Care Foundation | Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Club
Jays Care is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Jays Care Foundation, the charitable arm of the Toronto Blue Jays, uses the power of baseball to create positive social change in communities across Canada. We are currently looking for passionate and dedicated staff to deliver our RBI programs in Toronto.
Our RBI programs (https://www.mlb.com/bluejays/community/jays-care/rbi) include:
RBI Spring (April to June) – an inclusive baseball/softball program implemented in partnership with schools to remove any barriers that students may face getting into the game. Beginning in April, the program runs afterschool for 10 weeks for students in grades 4-8 to participate in weekly practices and organized games.
RBI Summer Edition (July to August) – an initiative that offers daily programming in July and August for over 2800 youth attending Toronto District School Board (TDSB) Elementary Summer School.
Successful Summer Edition applicants will have experience leading recreational programs and working with children. The role begins in June with a robust onboarding and training schedule, days and time TBD.
*Please note: There is no overlap between RBI Spring and RBI Summer Edition; if interested, candidates are encouraged to apply for positions within both programs. Based on performance, successful RBI Spring staff will have the opportunity and be encouraged to continue working for RBI Summer Edition.
All interested applicants should be aware that this is an in-person role, employed by Jays Care with a seasonal fixed-term contract. Camp staff are expected to be present at their designated job site each day of their summer contract, as well as attend all mandatory staff training.
POSITION TITLE: JAYS CARE RBI SUMMER EDITION ASSISTANT COACH
REPORTS TO: Jays Care RBI Summer Edition Supervisor
DURATION: June 24th – August 14th, 2024.
WORK HOURS: 35 hours per week
WORK LOCATIONS: Assigned to one of 14 schools within the TDSB (Toronto District School Board) (applicant will have opportunity to indicate location preference).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until Sunday, March 24 at 11:59 pm. Applications will be processed and reviewed as they are received. Successful applicants will receive invites to interview no sooner than January 17th.
THE MISSION: Engage and lead youth (ages 6-13) in creative, fun, and dynamic activities during our Jays Care RBI Summer Edition program.
- Aid in the facilitation and take part in fun sports and active play programming, while providing leadership, problem solving strategies and life-skills to all
- Serve as a role model to participants, creating a warm, safe, fun, and welcoming presence in all encounters with staff, youth participants and caring adults
- Attend and take part in a dynamic training to provide you with all the tools needed to stay motivated and succeed in the mission
- Ensure that effective safety protocols are followed, including physical, emotional, and site safety measures
- Address any behaviour concerns at once using Jays Care RBI Summer Edition behaviour management protocols and guidelines
- Genuine interest in working with kids
- Mature and capable of working independently
- Dynamically fun and engaging
- Ability to adapt to new and changing situations
- Safe, inclusive, and thoughtful
- Open-minded and ready to learn
- Works well in small and large teams
- Can Ensure the safe organization of an indoor programming space
- Have completed Grade 10 or higher by start of program
About Jays Care Foundation:
- We boast a warm, welcoming, and supportive team culture
- We offer a wide variety of opportunities to develop your leadership potential and grow your resume with new skills and experiences
- You will have opportunities to win monetary scholarships for college/university and staff recognition awards/prizes (with great Blue Jays swag!)
- Work alongside friendly and inspiring young leaders from your community and beyond
To learn more, visit jayscare.com.
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 3 Months
Work Location: 1 Blue Jays Way (210), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Project Management & Coordination
Requisition ID: 301021
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media