Our Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - connecting Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Together, we are proud to support 30 million Canadians each month through managing a robust portfolio that champions leading-edge technology. We drive large-scale, complex, and high-visibility technology projects and programs that shape the future of technology in Canada and expand connectivity from coast to coast. If you are interested in being a part of this, consider applying for the following opportunity:
Rogers is seeking a Project Manager with experience in managing the implementation of a wide range of Technology projects utilizing waterfall or agile methodologies. These could include application development projects involving integration with multiple corporate systems and/or next generation Wireless, Wireline & IT projects executed to support strategic Business and Capital Build Programs. You will play a key role in managing the entire project life cycle taking projects/programs from inception to final implementation and closure. You will be accountable for delivering Technology projects/programs within scope, on schedule, on budget, at the expected quality, and in alignment with the Technology PMO’s methodologies and guidelines.
What you will be doing...
- Manage the successful execution of medium-large projects, med-high complexity, cross functional projects simultaneously on-time, within scope and on budget (up to $5M), in a fluid fast-paced environment
- Direct the Planning, Execution and Closure of Technology projects dealing with the introduction of new services/products, lifecycle changes of existing services, new platforms, capacity augmentations, software & hardware upgrades, optimization and redundancy enhancements
- Based on the project requirements, identify & govern overall scope, deliverables and interdependencies to deliver on the project objectives and in-service targets
- Expertly manage project cost estimating, budgeting and control activities to meet budgetary objectives
- Managing Channel readiness to ensure a great customer experience and timely products and services launch
- Build strong collaborative relationships with project Sponsors, Business, IT and Network stakeholders, to successfully deliver project milestones
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation including Project Charter, Project Plan, Issue and Action Log, Risk Management Plan and Status reports to the sponsor, project team and senior management as required
- Proactive vendor management to deliver based on contracted goods and/or services, to meet project requirements and timelines
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress of all tasks, spend, dependencies and deliverables in compliance with Rogers Technology/Engineering specifications and Statements of Work
- Set and manage project expectations while maintaining accountabilities with Demand Management, Development, Quality Assurance teams and others, to ensure deliverables are met
- Schedule regular Project status review meetings and Steering committee meetings with the sponsor, management and required project stakeholders
- Manage and oversee Release activities to successfully deploy application changes into production with quality
- Work creatively, collaboratively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and delivery excellence.
What you have...
- Post-Secondary degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related technical discipline is an asset
- Minimum 3-6 years of project management experience, or the equivalent in a related discipline
- Work experience in delivering projects through waterfall, agile, or hybrid methodology phases including initiating, planning, execution, monitoring, & controlling and closing all technical, finanicial and administrative functions of the project lifecycle
- Work experience in Telecommunications and I.T. are strong assets
- PMP certification is preferred
- ITIL/ITSM certification is an asset
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is an asset
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office suite, Oracle, SharePoint, BI tools and highly proficient in MS Project & JIRA
- Intermediate to advanced project financial forecasting and cost management
- Strategic thinker who can make decisions and plan, develop and implement innovative solutions
- Must possess strong negotiation, influencing, stakeholder management, communication and Business writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate project scope, cost, schedule to senior and C-level leadership team
- A highly motivated individual with strong leadership, organizational, analytical, troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: Barlow 2400 32 Ave NE (7789), Calgary, AB
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 297795
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology