Sr. Developer, AI
Our company was built on the dream of a pioneering entrepreneur, and that spirit continues to empower our work with businesses across Canada today. The Rogers Business team helps organizations of all sizes adapt, scale, and win with network services and other innovative technology solutions that are reliable, secure, and scalable. These solutions are built to allow businesses to operate more efficiently, reduce costs and improve productivity and collaboration. We are looking for team members who have a passion for delivering industry-leading value to customers and businesses in the communities where we live and work, so come build a rewarding career at Rogers and be a driving force behind our success story!
This is a full SDLC development position where the Senior AI Developer must be willing to take on all aspects of the development process and be ready to support applications in production environments. They will be asked to test code sets, document software, and implement products and related solutions. Expert knowledge of design patterns and software development best practices must be shown at all times.
The Senior AI Developer will be tasked with analyzing, identifying, and solving highly complex issues related to software development and related technologies. As needed, this person may be involved in the mentoring of more junior-level developers on the technical aspects of our products, technology, and related software tools.
What you will do:
- Development to continuously advance our Virtual Assistant program using conversational & generative AI
- Build new capabilities across our chat, messaging and voice bot eco-system
- Work with agile squad to drive value outcomes
- Partner with Digital & Technology teams to raise skill level in AI development
- Deliver high quality code on committed timelines
- Be a key contributor to establish best practises and re-usable patterns
What you will bring:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with web technologies/full stack
- Experience in designing/developing user-centric conversation experiences involving chat/text, voice, vision, AR/VR on Windows or Linux platforms
- Strong understanding of the NLP space and Voice based processing (Natural language Processing, understanding, sentiment analysis, Intent classification, dialogue flows, personality insight, Text to Speech, Speech to Text)
- Experience with LLMs and Generative AI such as Open AI
- Experience with Prompting and Prompt Engineering in Generative AI
- Prior knowledge and hands-on experience utilizing platforms like Microsoft Bot Framework, Amazon Lex, Google Dialogflow, Tensorflow, IBM Watson, AWS APIs, Rasa or other programs
- Experience in conceiving and delivering fantastic end-to-end cross-channel experiences with an appreciation of flow, context, micro-interactions, multi-modal possibilities, performance and tone for multiple customers
- Solid understanding of conversational dialog systems, natural language processing (NLP) fundamentals, and machine learning
- Experience with ML and NLU frameworks in Python (ie. Numpy, PyTorch, Spacy, Huggingface etc) and MLOps practices is highly preferred
- Experience building and deploying voice or text conversational flows
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Software Development
Requisition ID: 297729
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Corporate