Announcer - Country 93.5
Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
COUNTRY 93.5 in Kingston, Ontario has an exciting opportunity for an evening announcer to host a national show across the Rogers network of Country stations. We're looking for someone to entertain and inform our passionate country audience with a warm and friendly presentation.
What you will do:
- Host, operate and produce your own weekday live show across multiple country stations
- Prepare on-brand, entertaining and demographic appropriate content for on-air and online
- Manage social media platforms while on-air
- Be knowledgeable of world events as they relate to the station audience
- Voice track or cover other shifts as necessary
- Perform commercial narration for production purposes as required
- represent and be a cheerleader for Country 93.5 onsite for community and station events
- other duties as assigned by the Content Director
What you will bring...
- Proven on-air experience and ability to entertain an audience
- Excellent social media skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion for engaging with the local and national audience (including in person, on the phone, on social media, etc.)
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in all settings
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and a sense of humour
- Familiarity with WideOrbit, VOXPRO and Adobe Audio an asset
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 863 Princess Street Suite 301 (116), Kingston, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & On-Air Talent
Requisition ID: 297281
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media