Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
We’re looking for a talented Video Editor, with motion design expertise and a passion for content creation. As a member of Rogers Sports and Media, you will work with a team of talented creatives to help deliver captivating content for TV, social and digital platforms. This role will be based in Calgary.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will bring ideas to life through visual storytelling while elevating and enhancing every video project to engage and delight our audiences. The right candidate will have an excellent understanding of the entire production process, and will be able to deliver end to end post production services from ingest to colour correction to audio mix and everything in between.
The role requires a passion for creativity, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment that’s fast paced and rewarding.
What you will do:
- Use Adobe Premier to ingest footage, edit, colour correct and grade content to create innovative and inspiring content for social, internal comms, brand, broadcast, and other marketing channels.
- Create visually engaging motion graphics and animations from concept to completion.
- Show a keen eye for aesthetic quality and attention to detail that elevates all creative work.
- Collaborate with internal partners, Creative Directors, and Editors to meet project goals, objectives, and deadlines.
- Continuously discover and implement new technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Periodic archiving and retrieval of footage and projects.
- Maximize utilization of available resources for the ever-growing requirements of Rogers Sports and Media’s market leading content offerings; liaise with management and engineering on all technical maintenance and repair related issues.
What you will bring:
- Proven and demonstrated expertise using Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, and various other edit design tools.
- A proven background in developing impactful and engaging content.
- Experience with VFX workflows including compositing and motion tracking. A visual storyteller that can enhance creative for maximum impact while staying within our brand standards.
- An inquisitive mind that continually seeks new challenges, creative styles, executions, and opportunities.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and react quickly to changing priorities.
- A team player attitude with exceptional communication skills who can collaborate effectively with all stakeholders.
- A multi-tasker who works in a fast paced, results, and deadline driven environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and find creative solutions when technical issues arise.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: Rog-ShawCourt 630 3 Ave SW (8007), Calgary, AB
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Creative
Requisition ID: 297870
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media