RBI Spring Baseball for Development Coach
At the Toronto Blue Jays, our mission is to get better every day to win world series championships and celebrate with our fans across Canada. Whether you are part of our team on or off the field, we have an unwavering commitment to elevate every aspect of our roles, consistently innovating and delivering excellence each day.
We offer a unique and exciting experience that extends beyond the ballpark, whether you are passionate about baseball or simply interested in becoming a part of a multifaceted, diverse sports organization, we welcome you.
If you are motivated to help bring World Series Championships back to Canada and to celebrate with our fans, there's a spot waiting for you here with the Toronto Blue Jays!
RBI Spring Baseball for Development Coach
Jays Care Foundation | Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Club
Are you excited to create opportunities for children and youth facing barriers in sport? Are you ready to join an award-winning team of innovators, creators and dreamers? If you answered yes, we are looking for someone like you!
Jays Care Foundation, the charitable arm of the Toronto Blue Jays, uses the power of baseball to create positive social change in communities across Canada. We are currently looking for passionate and dedicated staff to deliver our RBI programs in Toronto. Our RBI programs include:
- RBI Spring (April to June) – an inclusive baseball/softball program implemented in partnership with schools to remove any barriers that students may face getting into the game. Beginning in April, the program runs afterschool for 10 weeks for students in grades 4-8 to participate in weekly practices and organized games.
- RBI Summer Edition (July to August) – a free 6-week baseball-for-development camp program hosted at priority schools running morning summer school programs. At the program, students will engage in a wide range of recreational activities including inclusive baseball skills, cooperative games, arts and crafts and team-building.
*Please note: There is no overlap between RBI Spring and RBI Summer Edition; if interested, candidates are encouraged to apply for positions within both programs. Based on performance, successful RBI Spring staff will have the opportunity and be encouraged to continue working for RBI Summer Edition.
RBI SPRING BASEBALL FOR DEVELOPMENT COACH
RBI Spring is looking for 30+ Baseball For Development Coaches to support program implementation in schools across Toronto.
REPORTS TO: Program Specialist, RBI Spring
CONTRACT DURATION: March 16 – June 14, 2024
- 5-6 hours per week, 2 weekday evenings per week (2.5-3 hours between 2:30pm to 6:00pm)
- Coaches will be required to attend a paid two-day training on Saturday, March 16 and Sunday, March 17 from 9:00AM to 5:00PM
WORK LOCATION: Schools across Toronto, coaches are responsible for their own travel arrangements
COMPENSATION: $20/hour plus travel reimbursement
Jays Care Baseball For Development Coaches will:
- Attend all weekly practices, games and final tournaments
- Prepare weekly practice plans that focus on promoting belonging and connection, are trauma sensitive and use variations to keep all students included
- Ensure that the field and/or practice space is physically and emotionally safe
- Lead dynamic baseball/softball activities that are wildly fun and engaging
- Go above and beyond to support schools to remove barriers to participation for their students
- Act as the liaison between Jays Care and the school in a highly professional manner
A great candidate will have:
- Experience working with children and youth who face significant barriers to accessing sport and recreation opportunities
- Experience playing and/or coaching baseball/softball or any other sports (whether you have little or extensive baseball/softball experience, all coaches will be trained to feel comfortable and prepared for the role)
- High level of energy and a commitment to fostering a safe, inclusive, and fun environment for all participants
- Positive attitude and the ability to motivate and keep children engaged
- Ability to travel reliably to your assigned school
- Current Standard First Aid certification, or willing to obtain certification prior to the start of work contract
Jays Care is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
So, are you ready to make a real difference in the life of a kid? Apply today with your resume, no cover letter necessary.
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: 5 Months
Work Location: 1 Blue Jays Way (210), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Project Management & Coordination
Requisition ID: 293954
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media