Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
We’re looking for a Full Time Writer who can develop original and compelling story ideas to bring to the Italian community all over Canada.
What you will do…
- Pitch fresh and original stories
- Edit, report and voice stories for both our newscast and digital media
- Organize material and write engaging, relevant and concise news stories under tight deadlines according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Interview politicians, experts and people within the Italian Canadian community all over the country
- Translate and repackage stories by many news sources
- Generate compelling story ideas and knowledgeable contacts and respond to breaking news situations quickly and accurately
- Generating compelling multi-media content
- Fluent in social media trends with personal accounts and the knowledge to use it to generate stories and ideas
- Host the newscast, becoming one of the faces of our news and helping us create a strong and enduring relationship with our viewers
- Help us build an even more reliable and appealing National newscast, which will also reflect our diverse and growing communities
What you will bring…
- Must be fluent in Italian, oral and written, and also with a professional proficiency in English, oral and written
- Proven experience in journalism and media
- Ability to work in a group and in a fast and dynamic environment
- Proven experience generating powerful, compelling and original stories
- Ability to understand multi-platform coverage
- Knowledge of the cultural and political landscape in Toronto and Canada
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to consistently generate original content ideas
- Availability to work on weekends and statutory holidays
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Editorial
Requisition ID: 295238
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media