Cityline Content Producer (9 month contract)
Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
Cityline is looking for a highly-creative Content Producer, responsible for ideating & activating compelling lifestyle and entertainment content. Working closely with the Supervising Producer and a roster of Canada’s top lifestyle experts, the ideal candidate is able to conceive of entertaining and engaging content ideas. This person is nimble, passionate and takes pride in being able to make things happen, from conception to delivery.
What you will do...
- Reporting to the Supervising Producer, the Content Producer will produce daily content, across multiple platforms including broadcast, digital and social
- Maintain collaborative relationships with a roster of on-air experts
- Provide creative and practical input during all phases of production (ideas, scripting, interviews, asset gathering, music selection, prep for editing)
- Produce branded content and sales integrations across multi channels in an engaging way
- Demonstrate creative thought leadership, providing inspiration for the show and digital content
- Pitch original story ideas in all lifestyle categories including food, DIY, fashion, beauty, wellness, home décor, renovation and consumer product testing
- Conduct engaging interviews with a range of interview subjects; pursuing unique and audience focused angles in order to create remarkable moments
- Strong storytelling capabilities with a passion for casting characters and stories that are emotionally absorbing, and the ability to translate them into taped pieces in a compelling and visually captivating way
- Stay ahead of trends, pop culture and world events
What you will bring...
- Experience in celebrity and author bookings, and chase producing is a major asset, as is the ability to secure brand partnerships
- Must be nimble and able to work in a live studio environment where things are constantly changing
- Knowledge of the ins and outs of live studio operations
- Strong editorial judgement and organization skills are critical, along with a strong ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure
- Experience in all facets of production from end to end, including casting, logistics, writing, field producing and post production
- Proven track record of creative and engaging content creation and storytelling
- Collaborate with internal teams to bring branded content and sales integrations to life, through an editorial lens
- You have an appreciation of the Cityline brand DNA and of what goes into creating engaging content for our viewers
- Solid understanding and ability to use digital media tools and technologies
- Must be a consumer, as well as a content creator. Tracking and following emerging trends on social media to create content that leads the lifestyle category conversation
- Must be collaborative, have strong interpersonal skills and be an excellent communicator
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 9 Months
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Editorial
Requisition ID: 297028
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media