Sr. Financial Analyst
We are committed to connecting Canadians through unique partnerships, our world-class network and content Canadians love—and our innovative team is growing. We are looking for dedicated team members to join our Corporate team who have a genuine passion for making positive impacts on customers and the communities where we live and work. We have a variety of business units with exciting and meaningful work waiting for you, including Communications, HR, Legal and Corporate Affairs, Supply Chain, Finance, and Real Estate. If you are considering your next step, we have exciting opportunities waiting for you. Come build a rewarding career at Rogers and be a driving force behind our success story!
We are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in driving the financial planning, analysis, and reporting functions within our organization. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including finance, operations, and senior management, to provide valuable insights and recommendations to enhance our financial performance. Your expertise in financial modelling, forecasting, and data analysis will be crucial in identifying trends, risks, and opportunities to support informed decision-making.
What you'll do:
• Support the financial operations of the business through the preparation and review of month-end journal entries, forecasts, and budgets.
• Provide commentary on financial results and key business indicators and drive continuous improvement within the finance team.
• Participate in the organization's strategic planning process and maintain an understanding of industry trends, key business/cost drivers, and accounting policies.
• Develop and prepare weekly scorecard reporting for use by management and provide visibility into financial performance and operational measures through the preparation of monthly reporting packages.
• Conduct analysis on revenue trends, prepare month-end variance analysis and commentaries versus budget and forecasts, and identify risks and opportunities.
• Collaborate with key business partners and finance leadership teams, and communicate key trends, observations, and business impacts.
• Assist in business case development, financial modelling, and decision-making in support of strategic initiatives.
What you'll have:
• A University degree in a business-related field (Accounting or Finance preferred), with a professional accounting designation (CPA/CGA/CA/CMA) or MBA.
• 3-5 years of progressive financial experience
• Strong technical accounting skills, with knowledge of IFRS 15 and other relevant standards
• Advanced skills in Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, planning, and organizational skills.
• Comfort and confidence in dealing with senior leadership and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, with a demonstrated history of engaging with leadership in both business and finance.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle competing priorities under short timelines.
• Knowledge of Oracle Financial Systems and Hyperion/Essbase is an asset.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Accounting
Requisition ID: 295949
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Corporate