We are committed to connecting Canadians through unique partnerships, our world-class network and content Canadians love—and our innovative team is growing. We are looking for dedicated team members to join our Corporate team who have a genuine passion for making positive impacts on customers and the communities where we live and work. We have a variety of business units with exciting and meaningful work waiting for you, including Communications, HR, Legal and Corporate Affairs, Supply Chain, Finance, and Real Estate. If you are considering your next step, we have exciting opportunities waiting for you. Come build a rewarding career at Rogers and be a driving force behind our success story!
The Senior Investigator Retail Loss Prevention supports the protection of retail organizational assets and employees across Rogers. The successful candidate must be experienced in conducting multiple types of investigations and be a team player. The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker that looks at Financial and Business issues with a different perspective to highlight risks and opportunities.
Written and communications skills will be excellent, ensuring that detailed reports of investigative activities are completed on a timely basis for submission to Management. The candidate will demonstrate professionalism and objectivity in all circumstances, be capable of taking initiative, of functioning in an independent manner, and be able to establish relationships with key internal and external partners, including being one of the points of contact with law enforcement agencies.
What you'll be doing:
• Conduct a variety of investigations including confidential Code of Conduct, theft, fraud, and robbery, using established investigative procedures. Be able to conduct multiple investigations concurrently working within aggressive timelines.
• Conduct effective interviews with witnesses, suspects and any other persons connected to investigations.
• Identify control weaknesses / process gaps and make recommendations to mitigate risk and losses to Rogers.
• Manage documentation and investigation tracking log (Case Management), ensuring that cases are accurate and timely documentation is prepared to standards acceptable to Human Resources, Management, Legal and law enforcement agencies.
• Prepare court briefs for disclosure purposes and attend legal/court proceedings on behalf of Rogers as needed.
• Support and assist Retail Operations in reducing shrink and maintaining controls of the company assets through imparting knowledge and skills to the Operations team.
• Investigate and prevent incidents of internal and external theft and assist law enforcement agencies when required.
• Visit stores as scheduled to complete accurate and comprehensive Loss Prevention audits. Maintain structured reporting procedures of all findings, incident reports and shrink analysis for the company. Determine root cause and provide recommendations to Store and Area Managers.
• Provide training in Loss Prevention practices to Store Associates and Managers.
• Participate in regular on-call rotation.
What you have:
• The position is based in Toronto and some travel within Canada may be required.
• 2+ years Loss Prevention experience conducting investigations in a Retail environment
• Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Law and Security, Police Foundations or Criminology an asset
• Previous experience conducting interviews is an asset
• CPP or PCI enrolment or certification is an asset
• Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
• Must have access to a reliable vehicle and hold a valid driver's license
As part of the recruitment process, candidates will be required to complete and successfully pass a criminal background check and driver’s abstract.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Corporate Security
Requisition ID: 297286
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Corporate