Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
This position will report to the Executive Producer of In-House Productions.
As Production Manager for In-House Productions at CityTV you’ll be responsible for managing many aspects of production on Canada’s #1 morning TV show and Canada’s longest running talk show in addition to projects in development. The successful candidate will be a highly creative & proven production manager capable of inspiring our behind-the-scenes production team while keeping the shows on time and on budget. The CityTV brand has a rich legacy, and you’ll know how to respect the network’s heritage while graciously leading our productions into the future. You are highly organized, ambitious, and extremely motivated to achieve goals. You’ll naturally be at ease creating an environment of accountability, freedom, encouragement, and trust to ensure your team feels empowered to do their best work.
What you will do...
- Collaborate with Operations and Production team to ensure highest quality production
- Supervise and report on the allocation of resources to maximize value and minimize costs
- Oversee and provide leadership for special event coverage
- Carry out administrative duties, including staff scheduling, training, performance reviews, health and safety initiatives and month-end budget reports
- Work with community, government, sports and entertainment groups to forge strong working relationships
- Champion a culture of clarity, creativity, inclusion and collaboration. You’ll lead by example and be accountable for ensuring our team has a fair and fun working environment.
- Manage part time union staff
- Process freelance invoices for quarterly tracking
- Ensure all gear is organized, facilitate courier, facilitate props etc.
What you will bring...
- Proven experience in a budgetary role or related experience leading teams in a production environment
- Ability to lead a team and have a positive impact in a short period of time
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of graphics, studio and ENG production
Here’s what you can expect in return...
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers.
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets.
- A team that trusts one another and wants to win together.
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both “what” they do and “how” they do it.
- Hardware and software to support your day-to-day needs.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Production
Requisition ID: 297185
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media