We are committed to connecting Canadians through unique partnerships, our world-class network and content Canadians love—and our innovative team is growing. We are looking for dedicated team members to join our Corporate team who have a genuine passion for making positive impacts on customers and the communities where we live and work. We have a variety of business units with exciting and meaningful work waiting for you, including Communications, HR, Legal and Corporate Affairs, Supply Chain, Finance, and Real Estate. If you are considering your next step, we have exciting opportunities waiting for you. Come build a rewarding career at Rogers and be a driving force behind our success story!
- Computer literacy with MS Office Suite
The HR Advisor will act as a trusted coach and advisor to leaders including Senior Managers and Directors, helping them navigate a broad spectrum of human resources issues. The HR Advisor will also be responsible for providing analytical and project management support on various people related initiatives. The successful incumbent will contribute to business success through demonstration of HR knowledge/experience, application, and analysis.
We’re looking for an energetic individual with a passion for helping people and organizations thrive to join our team in as a Human Resources Advisor. In this role you will play a role in assisting the team to raise the bar on talent management, support our drive to maintain our high-performance culture and provide internal coaching and support to People Leaders in dealing with a broad spectrum of human resources initiatives. The role reports directly to the HR Director, Rogers for Business.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with group client to identify and understand their needs and the needs of their team members in building a high calibre and highly engaged workforce
- Provide consultation on issues related to legal and procedural compliance, employee/labour relations, workforce planning, talent and performance management, compensation, and organizational development
- Build strong relationships and credibility with all levels of management and support employee escalations
- Be results-oriented and have a demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities
- Through knowledge transfer, coaching, and training, increase the ability of business unit managers and staff to independently action and resolve employee relations issues and facilitate change management
- Work on national HR projects and programs: planning and implementing projects (timelines and milestones) for key initiatives, both regional and national in scope.
- Partner with leadership to improve HR practices, process decisions and programs.
- Assist leadership with building effective practices to meet business and employee needs.
- Influence and empower leaders to accelerate the growth and development of their teams
- Motivate and support an inclusive and diverse culture
- Keep current on business knowledge, internal to the function and across the Company
- Seek out development opportunities to expand knowledge and experience.
- Participating on industry/HR committees to seek out and implement 'best practices
- Partner with leadership to identify and understand their needs and effectively communicate and execute national HR programs.
- Provide data and analysis to support multiple HR projects & ensure timely completion.
What you bring:
- 3-5 years progressive Human Resources experience, preferably as a generalist
- Post-secondary degree with concentration in business/Human Resources and/or CHRP/CHRL designation and/or equivalent work experience required
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to effectively deal with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to influence, lead with trust and empathy and build strong client relationships with clients
- Ability to diagnose complex employee relations issues in a timely manner
- Comfortable with change and managing to tight timelines
- Sound listening, analytical and problem-solving skills to enable resolution of people related challenges in a sensitive and diplomatic manner
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent facilitation/p
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: Rogers Tower 1067 West Cordova Street (7854), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & HR Generalist
Requisition ID: 297714
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Corporate