Senior Analyst, Acquisition
Looking to join a growing financial services team? Rogers Bank, a subsidiary of Canada's leading wireless, cable and media company, is expanding and seeking passionate individuals to develop and implement innovative financial solutions and experiences. The bank offers unique cash-back benefits and financing options for Rogers purchases using cutting-edge technology. Interested? Take the next step and consider this opportunity to make a meaningful impact with Rogers Bank.
Our Banking team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Banking team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
The Senior Credit Risk Analyst will be part of a dynamic team supporting credit risk originations strategy and analytics for Rogers Bank. The incumbent will use a data driven approach to optimize the credit strategy for risk. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Credit Risk Acquisitions, this role will primarily support Credit Risk but will be part of cross-functional projects including but not limited to AML, Fraud, and Marketing.
What you'll do:
- Conducting analytics and deriving insights to optimize the credit risk originations strategy for risk/reward
- Providing analytical support for strategic initiatives to enhance the overall originations strategy in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Quantify impact in key revenue and loss metrics resulting from potential/actual changes to risk strategy and process
- Reporting of performance of acquisition strategies
- Contribute to business initiatives (marketing campaigns and new products) to ensure alignment with risk strategy
- Summarize and communicate results of findings to different audiences with various levels of technical background
- Lead and/or collaborate with the design of champion-challenger strategies, test case design, validation, implementation and monitoring
- Contribute to execution of strategic cross-functional/organizational (client relationship, marketing, credit risk, operations) initiatives
- Design and implement documentation and change management controls as required
What you'll bring:
- Data analysis skills must include 3-5 years of experience using statistical programs such as SAS, Python, R, Knowledge Studio, or similar
- Strong analytical and statistical knowledge with an ability to combine quantitative and common-sense problem solving skills
- Highly proficient with the use of database querying tools such as SQL
- Highly proficient with Microsoft office applications - advanced Excel (knowledge of macros-VBA and pivot tables)
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and time management required
- Self-starter, able to manage and prioritize multiple complex tasks with minimum supervision and strong attention to detail
- Desire to learn and succeed in a challenging fast-paced environment
- Experience with TSYS is an asset
- Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent quantitative field
- 2-4 years working within the consumer finance / credit card environment is preferred
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Banking & Credit Risk
Requisition ID: 287682
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate