Procurement Data Lead
We are committed to connecting Canadians through unique partnerships, our world-class network and content Canadians love—and our innovative team is growing. We are looking for dedicated team members to join our Corporate team who have a genuine passion for making positive impacts on customers and the communities where we live and work. We have a variety of business units with exciting and meaningful work waiting for you, including Communications, HR, Legal and Corporate Affairs, Supply Chain, Finance, and Real Estate. If you are considering your next step, we have exciting opportunities waiting for you. Come build a rewarding career at Rogers and be a driving force behind our success story!
At Rogers we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving, bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact in everything they do. Come play a key role in a transformational team, a team that innovates to drive high performance. We are on a journey to grow our data/analytics practice and we are seeking a Procurement Data Lead to help us accelerate the adoption of Procurement best practices.
Reporting to Manager, Data Analytics, the successful candidate will be directly responsible for dashboard developement, data pipeline deisgn and in-depth analytics to support key business decision.
What you will do:
- Query and analyze complex datasets to develop actionable insights that enable decision-making and support initiatives across all category teams
- Explore new capabilities and technologies to drive innovation and automate reports and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs
- Partner with data engineering team to develop reliable, consistent and defined data sources for use in analytics reporting
- Use the knowledge of statistical analysis, data mining techniques, machine learning to develop data driven algorithmic models to describe and measure the performance of Procurement
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define and continuously improve the user experience, relevance, and effectiveness of decision support tools
- Proactively identify present and future obstacles, issues, and opportunities. Takes actions to address such obstacles.
- Support data stewardship and data governance activities and initiatives as needed
What you will bring:
- An undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science. Master’s degree an asset
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in analytic roles demonstrating an ability to derive actionable insights. Knowledge of Procurement is a plus.
- Strong proficiency with SQL and at least one coding languages to manipulate large and complex datasets (i.e., millions of rows)
- Experience with one or more current BI and visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy, ThoughtSpot
- Experience with at least one Cloud Data Warehouse such as Azure, AWS, Snowflake
- Knowledge of advanced statistical and analytical techniques and concepts
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines, goals and targets in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of the master data lifecycle, including experience with data profiling and data quality
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and highly details-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with ability to work with cross-functional teams
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Reporting and Analytics & Analyst
Requisition ID: 282225
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Corporate