Tech Support Consultant (ON) - Future Opportunities
Unlock future opportunities by joining our Talent Community!
Join our Exclusive Talent Community and seize the opportunity to be scouted for upcoming remote Part-Time Call Center roles. Your journey to a rewarding career starts here.
As a Technical Support Consultant, you will provide exceptional customer service supporting customers with their Rogers Ignite services.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re seeking enthusiastic Technical Support Consultants with a positive attitude and genuine willingness to help others. In this role, you’ll listen attentively, be curious, ask the right questions, and troubleshoot to deliver appropriate and clear solutions, ensuring our customers get the most out of their products and services. Collaborate with your team and other departments; you will contribute world-class technical customer service. This opportunity with Rogers could be the beginning of a fulfilling and rewarding career!
What’s in it for you:
We believe in investing in our people and helping them reach their potential as valuable members of our winning team. As part of our team, you’ll have access to a wide range of incredible resources, growth opportunities, discounts, and perks, including:
- Competitive hourly rate $20.68 / hour
- Performance-based hourly wage reviews up to twice a year
- Monthly performance-based bonus of up to $1000 after the probationary period, based on meeting performance targets
- Competitive & flexible health and dental benefits, pension plan, RRSP, TFSA and Stock matching programs
- 50% off all Rogers products & Services & Blue Jays tickets, 25% off TSC items, 20% discount on ALL wireless accessories
- 150 first-year entrance scholarships of $2,500 available for eligible employees and their dependents starting post-secondary studies in the Fall 2023
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Company matching contributions to charities you support
Growth & Development:
- Ongoing training and development to enhance your skills and knowledge to find solutions and/or the products that best suit our customers
- Opportunity to provide mentorship and coaching to new hires and potential progression to second-level customer support
- My Path: self-driven career development program & job shadowing
- Rogers First: priority in applying to internal roles of interest
- Homewood employee & family assistance program
- Fitness Membership to attend classes virtually
Our commitment to the environment and diversity:
- Work for an organization committed to environmental protection
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion with employee resource groups supporting equity-deserving groups including groups representing People of Colour, 2SLGBTQIA+, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Women. We all bring something different, and we know what makes us different makes us great.
What you’ll do:
- Connect with customers through inbound calls, outbound calls, and chat support, troubleshooting their technical issues
- Aim for first call resolution to ensure customer satisfaction
- Educate customers on their existing products and recommend value-added services
- Effectively address customer issues by demonstrating accountability for technical problems through active listening, skillful questioning, and clear communication of appropriate solutions
- Implement the ongoing training and certifications you receive on Roger’s products and services and best solutions practices
What you bring:
- Flexibility to work in our 24/7 environment (including evenings and weekends)
- 1+ years of professional customer interaction (face-to-face or over the phone)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while navigating multiple computer systems
- Clear written and oral communication skills, and listening skills
- Comfortable making outbound calls to proactively solve customer issues
- Brand Ambassador mindset, thriving in a dynamic work environment eager to learn new skills and develop a career at Rogers Customer-focused champion and resourceful problem-solver
Join our team and receive ongoing training and development to equip you with the necessary skills to provide excellent service and find the best solutions and products for our customers.
We have a remote-friendly culture. In this role, you will be working from home permanently if you meet our requirements which include, but are not limited to, a quiet workspace and the required internet bandwidth. You must also reside within 150 km of North York HQ to be eligible - subject to change.
Schedule: Part Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 855 York Mills Rd. (WFH), North York, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Call Centre Operations & Technical Support
Requisition ID: 297450
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology