Content Merchandising Specialist
At Rogers, the entrepreneurial spirit is part of our DNA. Our Rogers Business teams help foster and grow the Canadian economy by supporting businesses of all sizes. From small to large-scale enterprises, our teams help deliver innovative technology, network services, and a suite of solutions to help them succeed. We offer Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network for our customers and are proud leaders in wireless private networking and IoT! We continuously expand and evolve our networks, invest in new technology capabilities, and invest in our people to serve our business customers and their communities.
Come play a key role in driving the future of business innovation in Canada. We are looking for team members with a passion for delivering industry-leading value to customers and supporting businesses in the communities where we live and work.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, consider the following opportunity:
The Content Merchandising Specialist role sits within the Content Acquisition team of Rogers Connected Home. This team is accountable for working with external content partners and internal Marketing groups to deliver value and maximize video engagement on our Ignite TV platforms. This role will receive direction from and report to the Sr. Manager of Content Marketing.
Who we are looking for: Someone who loves content – everything from Sports to Movies, to Reality TV. Someone who uses apps like Netflix, YouTube, as well as traditional TV. Someone who is well organised with a high attention to detail. Someone with a sense of design, user interfaces and digital/video layouts. Someone who enjoys working with internal and external groups. Ideally someone who has managed a CMS before and/or run Marketing campaigns.
What you'll do:
- Drive content merchandising/editorial programs to support video engagement and revenue targets
- Create campaigns based in data to activate more users on our video services, and get them using more
- Manage the ongoing user experience and editorial display of content on the video platforms
- Track upcoming key content launches and ensure they are planned for promotion
- Consistently review data and key metrics to optimise and modify platform layout
Marketing and Partner Management:
- Work with Rogers Marketing and Brand teams on larger content campaigns
- Work with Content partners to conjointly develop programs to increase revenue or engagement
- Present results of campaigns to external partners and internal stakeholders
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years developing Merchandising or user acquisition campaigns for video, web, digital or ecommerce platforms
- Analytical skills; Ability to review data, understand trends and build programs leveraging metrics
- Ability to report on content engagement, trends and financials
- University degree preferred
- Prior experience with digital products, website, ecommerce and/or video content merchandising is preferred
- Prior experience working with external partners directly is preferred (but not required)
- Exceptional organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Experience working in a collaborative way to achieve the goals of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to utilise Photoshop for graphics manipulation and enhancement is a big advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Aptitude to learn new digital applications quickly
- Knowledge of Power BI (internal reporting software program) is helpful but not required
- A passion for the entertainment business – Movies, Netflix Programming, TV shows and short form digital content
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (824), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Marketing Communication
Requisition ID: 297142
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate