Program Coordinator, RBI Summer Edition
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Program Coordinator, RBI Summer Edition, Jays Care
Jays Care Foundation | Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Club
Are you excited to create opportunities for children and youth facing barriers in sport? Are you ready to join an award-winning team of innovators, creators and dreamers? If you answered yes, we are looking for someone like you!
Jays Care Foundation, the charitable arm of the Toronto Blue Jays, uses the power of baseball to create positive social change in communities across Canada. Are you interested in working for an award-winning organization committed to levelling the playing field for kids facing barriers across Canada? Join our team of passionate and dedicated staff working directly with community partners throughout the country to deliver our best-in-class programming. Step up to the plate and apply to join the Jays Care team today!
Program Coordinator, RBI Summer Edition Jays Care
Program Coordinators on the Jays Care Programs team are responsible for helping to design and deliver a wide range of projects that are all designed to help level the playing field. Our work enables us to work with and support communities facing a wide range of barriers including, but not limited to: poverty, food insecurity, inaccessibility, ableism, racism, sexism, and homophobia/transphobia. Every project we devote time, funding and energy to has been well-researched, informed by our wide range of advisers, and is designed specifically to break down barriers and fortify strengths for children and youth. Jays Care is looking for a highly motivated, experienced, and passionate Program Coordinator who will focus their energy primarily on the following portfolio:
- RBI Summer Edition Program Coordinator. This Coordinator will help with the development and maintenance of relationships with camper families and other key figures within the communities that are served by the RBI Summer Edition Program. RBI Summer Edition is a free summer day camp program that is connected to the TDSB summer school initiative. It is designed to give families in priority neighbourhoods access to great, free, and robust summer camp programming that help inspire kids to fulfill their potential. This Coordinator is responsible for returning camper retention, summer school student recruitment, community consultations, , program marketing design, inventory and supply procurement, and a variety of administrative tasks.
In addition, the Program Coordinator can expect to be assigned to support a wide range of projects including, but not limited to:
- In-stadium events
- Jays Care Community Tour
- Fundraising events
To find out more about any of these programs, please check out our website: www.jayscare.com
Type of role: 9 month contract
Reporting to: Project Manager
Coordinators on the Jays Care team are expected to be highly driven, have a phenomenal work ethic and be excited to work both independently as well as in a team. In an average year, Coordinators tend to work on 3-5 major projects applying the following skills on a regular basis:
Jays Care Program Co-ordinators are highly skilled at:
EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE
USING BASEBALL FOR DEVELOPMENT
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Social Work, Kinesiology, Equity Studies, or related field (e.g. human services, health or education)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- 1+ years working with children and/or youth living in historically marginalized communities
- 1+ years designing and implementing sport-based programs
- Good demonstration of problem-solving skills and ability to work in a group
- Competency in PowerPoint, Excel and different online communication platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Willingness to work outside of regular 9-5 schedule
- Fluency in French is an asset
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Exceptional ability to support multiple projects at once
- Organized and detail oriented
- A creative and innovative forward-thinker
- Strong attention to details when planning
- Highly motivated and committed to program success, willing to be flexible
Jays Care is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
So, are you ready to make a real difference in the life of a kid? Apply today with a resume and cover letter.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 9 Months
Work Location: 1 Blue Jays Way (210), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Project Management & Coordination
Requisition ID: 297410
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media