Sr Manager Content Acquisition
At Rogers, the entrepreneurial spirit is part of our DNA. Our Rogers Business teams help foster and grow the Canadian economy by supporting businesses of all sizes. From small to large-scale enterprises, our teams help deliver innovative technology, network services, and a suite of solutions to help them succeed. We offer Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network for our customers and are proud leaders in wireless private networking and IoT! We continuously expand and evolve our networks, invest in new technology capabilities, and invest in our people to serve our business customers and their communities.
Come play a key role in driving the future of business innovation in Canada. We are looking for team members with a passion for delivering industry-leading value to customers and supporting businesses in the communities where we live and work.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, consider the following opportunity:
The Senior Manager of Content Acquisition plays a critical role in managing partnerships with Canadian and U.S. programming services and media groups with a view of acquiring the most compelling content for Rogers Ignite and Streaming platforms. The candidate is also responsible for driving cost efficiencies in content costs by way of negotiating affiliate agreements and licensing competitive SVOD and App distribution agreements.
He/She will become familiar with both Shaw and Rogers previous agreements and distribution parameters to recommend negotiation strategies and tactics for the newly combined entity. In doing so, the Senior Manager of Content Acquisition will analyze costs and subscribers’ trends, programming windows across platforms, create and negotiate rate cards that reflect the value of the programming services.
In this role, the candidate will work closely with the Legal, Regulatory, Finance and Product Management Teams.
What you will do:
- Successfully negotiate content agreements with programming services and media groups
- Develop strategies to drive successful content partnerships and cost efficiencies
- Manage cost of sales relative to revenue and budget through new and renewed content agreements
- Responsible for initiating the negotiation process, identifying the business objectives, negotiating business terms acceptable to Rogers and coordinating with legal and the programmer until language and format are finalized
- Provide Finance with the assumptions to evaluate the best and minimum outcomes of a given negotiation and collaborate up to the completion of financial analysis as needed for new and renewed content agreements
- Support and collaborate with the Regulatory team in CRTC proceedings such a mediation, FOA or Public Hearings
- Develop and execute strategic initiatives for new and renewed content agreements
- Identify and manage risks to Rogers as a corporation (e.g. third party intellectual property expose) while negotiating content agreements
- Identify opportunities for new product launches for cable, IP and wireless services
What youwill bring:
- 7 to 10 years working experience in the Media and/or Telecommunications industry in a role responsible for negotiating and drafting of terms and conditions of distribution or programming agreements
- 3 to 5 years of experience and knowledge of overall cable and / or entertainment industry
- Established negotiation skills
- Previous professional experience dealing with senior executives
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to prepare and deliver professional documents and presentations at all levels
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively document ongoing negotiations
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability, think creatively and show strong business acumen to resolve issues
- Proven attention to accuracy and detail
- Proven track record of sales attainment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (908), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Procurement & Contracts
Requisition ID: 297141
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media