At Rogers, the entrepreneurial spirit is part of our DNA. Our Rogers Business teams help foster and grow the Canadian economy by supporting businesses of all sizes. From small to large-scale enterprises, our teams help deliver innovative technology, network services, and a suite of solutions to help them succeed. We offer Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network for our customers and are proud leaders in wireless private networking and IoT! We continuously expand and evolve our networks, invest in new technology capabilities, and invest in our people to serve our business customers and their communities.
Come play a key role in driving the future of business innovation in Canada. We are looking for team members with a passion for delivering industry-leading value to customers and supporting businesses in the communities where we live and work.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, consider the following opportunity:
The Solutions Architect will work closely and collaborate with sales, design, engineering and PMO teams to ensure successful implementation of solutions and post-sales customer satisfaction. It is the responsibility of the Solutions Architect to ensure that the implemented solutions are well-documented, compliant, and easily understandable by both internal teams and clients. The Solutions Architect is expected to establish effective communication channels with a wide range of stakeholders, ensuring that technical solutions are not only robust and efficient but also align closely with the strategic objectives and requirements of the business. The role requires a deep understanding of various technologies, strong problem-solving skills, and excellent communication abilities.
What you'll be doing:
Effective Communication with Business & Technical Stakeholders:
- Translate technical jargon into clear, understandable language for business stakeholders, ensuring they comprehend the value and impact of the solutions provided.
- Conduct regular meetings and presentations with business stakeholders to discuss project progress, milestones, and upcoming initiatives, fostering a strong understanding of the technical solutions' alignment with business objectives.
- Act as a bridge between technical teams and business stakeholders, addressing concerns, answering queries, and providing insights to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Engage in in-depth technical discussions with fellow architects, engineers, and developers, demonstrating a profound understanding of system architecture, network design, and implementation details.
- Collaborate effectively with technical stakeholders to resolve implementation challenges, optimize solutions, and ensure seamless integration within complex technical environments.
- Present technical concepts and proposals to technical teams using detailed diagrams, documentation, and live demonstrations, fostering a shared understanding of the proposed solutions.
- Deliver compelling presentations and demonstrations to both technical and non-technical audiences, showcasing the benefits and functionalities of proposed solutions.
Conflict Resolution & Negotiation:
- Mediate conflicts and differences of opinion between technical and business stakeholders, finding common ground and guiding discussions toward mutually agreeable solutions.
- Negotiate effectively, balancing technical requirements and business constraints to arrive at compromises that maintain the integrity of the solution while meeting business needs and timelines.
- Practice active listening when interacting with both business and technical stakeholders, ensuring their concerns and requirements are fully understood before proposing solutions.
- Demonstrate empathy, understanding the perspectives and challenges faced by various stakeholders, and use this insight to tailor communication approaches for different audiences.
Architectural & Network Design Documentation
- Create comprehensive architectural documentation detailing the structure, components, and interactions of the implemented solutions.
- Develop detailed architectural diagrams and flowcharts to visually represent the system architecture.
- Ensure architectural documentation is accurate, up-to-date, and accessible to both internal teams and clients.
- Design and document network configurations, including routing, subnets, firewalls, and security protocols.
- Develop network diagrams illustrating the physical and logical layout of the network infrastructure.
- Clearly outline network security measures, data encryption protocols, and disaster recovery plans within the documentation.
- Provide detailed documentation on network hardware and software components, including specifications and configurations.
Stakeholder Education & Training:
- Develop and conduct training sessions, workshops, and knowledge-sharing events for both business and technical stakeholders, enhancing their understanding of implemented solutions and promoting best practices.
What you'll bring:
- Degree or diploma in computer science, computer systems engineering, network engineering, information systems, or a related field.
- 5+ years proven experience as a Solutions Architect or a similar role in IT consulting.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in customer facing roles including presentations, and solution demonstrations for executive level stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud computing, networking, security, and database technologies.
- Hands-on experience deploying SDWAN, WAN, LAN, and WLAN technologies are a plus.
- Certifications with Cisco (CCNP or CCIE) and Fortinet (NSE4 minimum, NSE 5-7 certification path expected).
- Cloud certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert) are a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- Excellent business/technical writing and communication/presentation skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation abilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and own a car.
- Willingness to work occasional overtime and travel, including overnight stays, based on project requirements.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 - 210 Cochrane DR(7735), Markham, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Network Design
Requisition ID: 296990
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate