Sr. Design Engineer
At Rogers, the entrepreneurial spirit is part of our DNA. Our Rogers Business teams help foster and grow the Canadian economy by supporting businesses of all sizes. From small to large-scale enterprises, our teams help deliver innovative technology, network services, and a suite of solutions to help them succeed. We offer Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network for our customers and are proud leaders in wireless private networking and IoT! We continuously expand and evolve our networks, invest in new technology capabilities, and invest in our people to serve our business customers and their communities.
Come play a key role in driving the future of business innovation in Canada. We are looking for team members with a passion for delivering industry-leading value to customers and supporting businesses in the communities where we live and work.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, consider the following opportunity:
The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for designing, and implementing, robust network infrastructure solutions for corporate customers. As part of the Design and Engineering Team, close collaboration with the Project Management Office (PMO), and customers, will be required to oversee projects, including network refreshes, deployments, and client onboarding. Responsibilities will also include working with the sales organization to provide technical design input for RFP’s and customer opportunities along with participation in customer presentations.
This role encompasses hands-on experience with SD-WAN, WAN, LAN, and WLAN technologies, focusing on Cisco and Fortinet solutions. The engineer will be involved in configuring, troubleshooting, and optimizing networking hardware, security solutions, and related technologies. The position requires active participation in technology projects, providing essential documentation, acting as an escalation point, and contributing to continuous improvement initiatives.
What you'll do:
Design & Implementation:
- Design, implement, configure, test and optimize data centre and branch security solutions such as firewalls, VPNs, and unified threat management systems.
- Design, implement, configure, test and optimize data centre and branch network solutions such as SD-WAN, routing, switching and WLAN.
- Provide feedback to enhance future deployment designs.
- Provide on-site resources and support as necessary for successful project delivery.
- Deliver comprehensive documentation, including diagrams and monitoring setup, to the Support Team for completed projects.
- Act as an escalation point for the Support Team, offering expertise and guidance when required.
- Conduct security and quality control testing, ensuring the integrity of deployed solutions.
- Orient new users to existing technologies, ensuring seamless integration and user experience.
- Analyze complex business needs, identify key issues, and recommend technical solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Evaluate hardware and software, ensuring they align with operational standards and requirements.
- Assist in the planning, approval, and implementation of technology projects, contributing technical expertise.
- Conduct in-depth research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to support network procurement and development efforts.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to provide technical expertise during pre-sales activities, including customer meetings, presentations, and solution demonstrations.
- Assist the Sales Team in understanding customer requirements and propose tailored network solutions to meet customer needs.
- Engage in network design sessions with customers, translating business requirements into detailed technical designs.
- Develop comprehensive network proposals, including detailed architecture and, equipment specifications, to support sales efforts.
- Provide technical sales support by addressing customer queries, concerns, and objections related to network design and implementation.
- Continuously stay updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitor offerings to enhance sales strategies and offerings.
What you'll bring:
- Degree or diploma in computer science, computer systems engineering, network engineering, information systems, or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in network design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in customer facing roles including presentations, and solution demonstrations for executive level stakeholders.
- Certifications with Cisco (CCNP or CCIE) or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications with Fortinet (NSE4 minimum, NSE 5-8 certification path expected).
- Extensive hands-on experience deploying Cisco and Fortinet technologies for routing, switching, wireless, security, and monitoring in corporate, retail, and warehouse environments.
- Proficiency in WAN, LAN, and WLAN technologies, with a deep understanding of routing and switching protocols (MPLS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VPN design, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, FTP, and Radius.
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN/SDWAN) deployment and administration.
- Experience with cloud environments and their integration into corporate networks.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and own a car.
- Flexible schedule, including availability during nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift/carry heavy computer equipment and work in various customer environments as required.
- Willingness to work occasional overtime and travel, including overnight stays, based on project requirements.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 - 210 Cochrane DR(7735), Markham, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Network Design
Requisition ID: 296997
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate