Video Journalist- CityNews
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Are you passionate about storytelling? Are traditional storytelling styles holding you back? Do you have the courage to be creative? Then CityNews is looking for you. We have an opening for a Full Time Video Journalist on our CityNews Vancouver team.
What you will do…
- Work with a dynamic team to produce creative stories which capture daily life in Vancouver.
- Come up with original story ideas and produce original stories that you will shoot and edit.
- Deliver stories which will stand out from the competition, emphasizing creativity over traditional methods.
- Your stories will be digital first, and will also deliver for all platforms (radio, TV and web).
What you will bring…
- A passion for storytelling - you know what makes a great story and know how to tell it.
- Ability to find original stories about people and issues which reflect Vancouver’s exciting and diverse communities.
- Experience in shooting and editing.
- A self-starter with a can-do, solution-oriented attitude
- An understanding of multi-platform coverage, not confined by a ‘typical’ television reporter package.
- News moves fast! You must be able to multi-task and deliver for multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines.
- Because news never stops - you are prepared to work evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s licence and clean driving record.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A newsroom environment where you will be heard and supported, and where you can bring your whole self to work
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Access to all the gear you need to do your job
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 180 West 2nd Avenue (810), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 296791
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media