Sr. Compensation Manager
Come play a key role in fostering a positive and inclusive culture at Rogers. Our Human Resources department is committed to growing teams across the country that are collaborative, digital-first, fast-moving, bold-thinking, and focused on delivering impact in everything they do. We are looking for Human Resource champions committed to improving employee productivity and engagement and who understand the impact of HR in influencing business results.
We believe in challenging work, rewarding opportunities, and giving back to make a positive impact for Canadians who need it most. When our team learns, grows, and reaches their true potential – we can make more possible. At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, let’s make your possible.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? Consider the following opportunity:
The Senior Manager Compensation’s primary accountability is to oversee all compensation programs against the backdrop of the various employee segments across the organization.
This role will input to compensation strategies as we establish federal pay equity compliance and manage an increased employee base following the close of the Shaw deal. The Senior Manager Compensation is responsible for managing education of compensation programs across key stakeholder groups in order to leverage the impact of the Company’s total rewards offerings.
- Key role leading federal pay equity mandate. This includes working cross-functionally with HRBPs, HR Service Delivery, and other Total Rewards program owners to maintain our grade structure and compensation programs.
- Manage education of compensation programs and cycles across organization-wide stakeholders that drive awareness and understanding of all elements and cycles of compensation to optimize program effectiveness and respond to evolving business needs.
- Maintain working knowledge of Human Resources legislation and compliance and impact on existing and go-forward programs.
- Nurture strong working relationships with internal partners including Human Resources and Business Teams, to continuously improve processes and programs and ensure clear and consistent communication.
- Inform compensation program revisions for all Broad-based programs, including design and implementation activities.
- Recommendations to reflect and align with business priorities, best practices and emerging trends.
Management and Leadership
- Manage a team of senior compensation professionals to ensure the following prime accountabilities are met:
- Adapt and evolve Compensation plans and cycles in response to changing business priorities
- Provide strategic compensation expertise and advice to key stakeholders to resolve complex issues and challenges
- Ensure creative problem-solving approach to resolution of business issues, informed by leading industry practices and emerging trends
- Drive HR operational efficiency by employing a continual improvement mindset
- Establish and manage to, a robust set of compensation metrics
- Inject into the function a heightened level of rigor, but not reached at the expense of getting things completed without 100% information
Experience within a multi-industry organization is a definite asset.
- This position will be well suited to an individual with 8-10 years of professional compensation experience, in progressively responsible roles:
- Advanced knowledge of compensation principles
- Experience and comfort managing large scale data sets associated with a complex company structure with multiple employee segments and profiles
- Demonstrated (minimum of 3 years) experience managing and developing a team of senior compensation professionals
- Track record of successfully implementing large scale compensation programs leveraging systems both in steady state and changing environments
- Strong relationship builder with a penchant for collaboration, practicality and common sense
- Highly motivated and able to manage multiple deliverables through others in a high-intensity, deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence significant decisions and manage change
- Tenure with a professional compensation consulting firm would be a significant asset
- Knowledge of Success Factors and Oracle would be an asset
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & Compensation
Requisition ID: 296249
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate