Senior Financial Analyst
Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
Rogers Communications is currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to perform the accounting for and be a subject matter expert on projects relating to wireless equipment and associated transactions.
What you'll do:
- Supporting wireless inventory reporting, controls and associated transactions
- Performing month-end close for wireless equipment by collaborating with Finance Operations and various other teams to ensure all general ledger journal entries are prepared accurately and posted on a timely basis
- Completing complex account reconciliations by developing an in-depth understanding of the related accounting and relevant systems with the ability to effectively document and explain the accounting transaction
- Conducting detailed and in-depth analysis as required including balance sheet variance analysis
- Providing evidence of compliance with all SOX documentation and controls and updating these controls as needed
- Developing and enhancing/automating processes, reporting and controls
- Supporting wireless inventory policy reviews and maintenance for the Communications group
- Collaborating with Supply Chain, Retail Operations and various other teams on transactions relating to inventory
- Supporting the Manager by taking a leadership role in managing various initiatives and issues impacting wireless equipment (e.g. new business initiative impact analysis, unusual/complex accounting, investigating issues). This includes gathering detailed information, performing in-depth analysis and recommending appropriate actions
- Working with the Manager and assisting in the day-to-day management of wireless equipment-related projects. This includes supporting system implementation/updates, acting as SME on cross-functional projects, project managing, ensuring appropriate accounting entries, reporting and internal controls are developed and implemented
- Performing all requested audit tasks required for quarter and year-end external audits to enable timely and efficient audit sign-off
What you'll have:
- Strong technical accounting skills with an accounting designation (CPA) or equivalent accounting experience with 3 to 4 years of experience in a fast-paced challenging accounting and special projects environment
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with, and to provide guidance and training to a variety of different levels of employees, from peers to directors+
- Strong time management and organizational skills due to tight project and monthly time constraints
- High attention to detail
- Experience with IFRS 15 revenue recognition and Inventory accounting an asset
- Excellent software skills in Oracle Financials, Microsoft office including Excel and Access. Experience with SAS, SQL and Power BI is an asset
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Shift: No Selection
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Accounting
Requisition ID: 295844
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate