Manager, Enterprise Risk Management Operational Risk
Looking to join a growing financial services team? Rogers Bank, a subsidiary of Canada's leading wireless, cable and media company, is expanding and seeking passionate individuals to develop and implement innovative financial solutions and experiences. The bank offers unique cash-back benefits and financing options for Rogers purchases using cutting-edge technology. Interested? Take the next step and consider this opportunity to make a meaningful impact with Rogers Bank.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Enterprise Risk Management, as part of the Second Line of Defence (SLD), this position is responsible for managing Operational Risk related work in line with the Bank’s Enterprise Risk Management frameworks.
What you'll be doing:
- Monitor and provide ongoing support and advice to the First Line of Defence (FLD) on Operational risk to ensure compliance with the Bank's Enterprise Risk Management framework.
- Support the Banks’ ORM Framework by providing challenges and advice to the FLD on the following activities, including but not limited to:
- Adequacy, completeness and effectiveness of the Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) program
- Effectiveness of testing of RCSA key controls and remediation of identified gaps and areas for improvement
- Reporting of operational risk events; including root-cause analysis and assessment of remediation plans
- Risk assessment associated with change management activities, new products/services, systems and/or processes that can expose the Bank to incremental and/or new risks
- Organize, manage, and support activities associated with the Operational Risk Management Forum for the identification and assessment, independent review and monitoring, and reporting of operational risks.
- Support the Banks’ Internal Control Framework (ICF). As the subject matter expert, review, evaluate and challenge the onboarding, ongoing monitoring and annual review processes operating within the FLD to ensure compliance with the ICF.
- Track and report the performance of open issues to closure and confirm that issues are correctly and effectively addressed.
- Work collaboratively within the Enterprise Risk Management team to execute Second Line of Defence (SLD) testing.
- As needed, manage, and deliver selected project initiatives to enhance the overall Bank's Enterprise Risk Management framework.
What you will bring:
- More than three years of experience in Operational Risk Management and Compliance, or Internal Audit.
- Bank-industry knowledge, experienced in how independent risk functions work with business.
- Significant knowledge of regulatory requirements and best practices regarding the internal audit, operational risk and compliance practices, and internal control frameworks and risk standards, such as OSFI’s Corporate Governance Guideline and E-21.
- Ability to work in small teams with commitment and engagement, like an actual owner and hands-on partner.
- Highly developed analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to transform overarching objectives into an executable plan, identifying and removing barriers to success.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization with an open, honest, and direct communication style.
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office.
- Degree in business or related discipline. MBA, CA, or other professional-related qualifications would be an asset.
As part of the recruitment process, complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Banking & Compliance
Requisition ID: 296972
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate