Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
The Manager, Technology Controller will support the Financial Reporting & Accounting Team within the Controller’s Group, focusing on the Technology portfolio. Reporting to the Senior Director, Technology and Capital Controller, the successful candidate will leverage strong technical accounting and communication skills to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the cost centre accounting as well as effective and efficient processes, internal controls around their preparation and approval. The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting the relationships with business finance teams and assist with various ad hoc special projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for a high potential individual to gain insight and exposure to a breadth of financial competencies within an industry leading company, while directly supporting the operational and strategic decision making of the Corporate Finance department.
What you'll do:
- Review all Journal entries and account reconciliation for accuracy and completeness
- Ensure compliance for corporate finance with all Rogers financial policies and SOX
- Assist the external auditors with their quarterly reviews and year-end audits, as necessary
- Manage and help develop a team of two senior financial analysts.
- Act as a liaison with Rogers finance groups including audit, planning, treasury and taxation to ensure deliverables are met in accordance with business requirements
- Build and maintain working relationship with business/finance partners.
- A true collaborative problem solver. Identify risks and opportunities Supporting interlock instances, notably capital expenditure spend with the Technology team Accounting technical working knowledge and application ability, including cloud based computing
- Review monthly results vs. budget and forecast and provide key variance analysis
- Support the Senior Director with business cases, financial reviews, and ad hoc analyses, projects & presentations as needed
- Develop an environment of continuous process and control improvement
What you'll have:
- University degree in business with a concentration in finance, accounting or economics
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA)
- Expert Excel skills
- Ability to analyze business processes and make improvements
- Very strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience dealing with senior leadership and executive leadership team members is an asset
- Strong time management skills to manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously under short timelines
- Knowledge of Hyperion Planning, Essbase and Oracle Finance ERP is an asset
- Self-motivated with a positive collaborative attitude
- 5+ years of progressive experience within finance
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Accounting
Requisition ID: 296671
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate