Multi Media Content Creator
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Breakfast Television, Canada’s number one, award-winning morning show, is looking for a Multi-Media News Content Creator for daily news coverage. Reporting to the Supervising Producer, and working closely with the News Producer and Anchor, the ideal candidate has a hunger to report on current events and excels in chasing, writing and producing on a deadline. You have a passion for local and national news, with strong editorial judgement and news competency. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves to write, chase, research, produce, interview, pitch and vet. You have the ability to create journalistic content from the idea stage to publishing or broadcast. You will bring unique ideas, a hunger to relentlessly chase story leads, and a passion to think outside the box. No interview “get” is too ambitious, and you are committed to excellence.
You also thrive in an early-morning environment with a goal of starting viewers’ and readers’ day with engaging, informative, and enterprising news content. No hour is too early to find the right guest to add context to news, and you’re unafraid of making cold calls to find the best interviewees. You will bring unique ideas, relentless passion, and a willingness to think outside the box. You will commit to creating unparalleled content while upholding the journalistic values of Rogers Sports and Media.
What you will do:
• Working independently or as part of a team, you will create fast-paced, compelling, and informative news content for our broadcast and digital properties.
• Coordinating or assigning newsroom and field resources to gather elements and create news content.
• Emailing, Tweeting, calling and interviewing contacts as you chase, research, and create enterprise or breaking news stories.
• Pitching during daily creative brainstorms and story meetings
• Working early hours into the day to stay on top of story leads
• Writing content for both broadcast and digital/social properties pertaining to news of day or enterprise chases
• Contributing to the overall flow and pacing of BT
What you will bring:
• Proven experience in TV and/or digital news producing, writing, shooting, editing, or reporting
• Creative vision and keen editorial judgment
• Superior writing, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• The ability to research, pitch and copy-edit story ideas, including enterprise news
• The ability to book and pre-interview guests, arranging necessary resources, and packaging the content.
• Shift work required (mornings, evenings and weekends)
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 277115
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media