VP, Wireless Engineering
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
VP, Wireless Engineering
The VP, Wireless Engineering reports to the SVP, Wireless Engineering, and National Implementation.
As a member of the senior leadership team at Rogers, this role must contribute to Rogers' overall shareholder value growth as a company, first and foremost. In addition, and more specifically, this role will lead the team that plans, designs, and engineers the Core Wireless network supporting end to end Voice and Data services.
The incumbent is accountable for all Wireless Engineering nationally. Besides working with peers and senior leadership on the Technology team, this role will work extensively with senior leaders within the Rogers Business, Wireless and Residential teams to fully understand and react to regionally important network issues and requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning, design, engineering, implementation, and configuration of core network supporting end to end Voice and Data services.
- Capacity planning and augmentation of Core network including IP network, Signalling and Control network and service platforms
- Assessment and implementation of technology features and platforms to improve operability and performance of voice and data services
- End to end Service technical architecture, flow and design knowledge aggregation and maintenance
- Specific platforms: IP Network, Control network, IP Service (DNS, DSR, EPC), Service Control (MSC-S, SGSN, CMTS), Enhanced Services platforms (IMS, SMS, VMS,), to deliver basic (voice and data) and enhanced services
- Design and integrate network solutions for new services, including support for New Product Development Initiatives
- Review business requirements to assess feasibility, costs, and time to deploy
- Engineer solutions to deliver on specific Business Unit requirements
- Integrate and test solutions
- Meet or exceed time to market for new services
- Operation of Verification Facility
- Operate and maintain network and service platforms to deliver optimal in-service performance of voice and data services
- Operate and maintain core network to meet or exceed in-service performance metrics for availability, MTTR, MTBF, and customer experience service metrics for voice, data and enhanced services.
- Problem resolution.
- End to end service flow documentation (Customer to core network equipment) validation, retention, and maintenance
- Project Management of end to end service specific programs
- Service provisioning and core network capital program execution
- Network provisioning and IP management
- Prepare and issue Engineering Plans for capital work
- Preparation and management of network capital and operating expense budgets, including performance against these budgets for voice and data services.
- Prepare annual capital investment plan for core network
- Prepare annual operating costs budget.
- Ensure core network meets or exceeds targets for operating expense and capital investment metrics.
- Optimize traffic routing for cost and service performance.
- Network advocacy and representation as a member of the Residential and Business SLTs.
- Support Residential & Business and Wireless sales, marketing, revenue and customer value objectives.
- Report and interpret network performance to Residential & Business and Wireless SLT.
Schedule: Full Time