Associate Multi Media Content Creator
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for two part-time Associate Multi-Media Content Creators to shape and strengthen the CityNews brand as our news operations continue to transition from traditional scheduled newscasts, to all-day live news on our streaming channels.
The ideal candidate has competence in many of the skills required to work in a modern, multi-platform, continuous news operation, and an aptitude and desire to learn more.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working independently or as part of a team, you will create fast-paced, compelling and informative news content for our 24/7 streaming channels and our scheduled newscasts
- Coordinating and deploying newsroom and field resources to gather elements and create news content
- Pitching during daily creative brainstorms and story meetings
- Emailing, calling and interviewing people as you chase, research, and create enterprise or breaking news content
- Creating, independently or as part of a team, innovative video content optimized for streaming and digital platforms
- Ensuring that content is factually and grammatically correct
What you will bring:
- Creative vision and keen editorial judgment
- Superior writing, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Shift work required (mornings, evenings and weekends); this position will primarily be weekends and evenings with a minimum of 3 shifts per week.
- An appetite to learn and grow
- An interest in learning about and working in all aspects of video news production and delivery, including traditional and ‘desktop’ control room environments.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”.
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/PC etc.)
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 295755
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media