Labour Relations Coordinator
At Rogers we’re committed to creating and growing teams that are collaborative, digital-first, fast-moving, bold-thinking, and focused on delivering impact in everything they do. The Legal and Corporate Affairs team is a fundamental part of our business supporting the company’s success. As our advisors on legal, regulatory, and government relations, our Legal and Corporate Affairs partners invest in our teams’ goals every step of the way by minimizing risk and increasing progress.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Labour Relations Coordinator
The Labour Relations Coordinator provides support to the organization in implementing strategies, practices, processes, and decisions that satisfy organizational needs while maintaining good labour relations. This position is responsible for providing labour relations support in collective agreement negotiation, interpretation, grievance, arbitration, and collective agreement application. As well, process the compensation cycles for multiple collective agreements. If you are interested in gaining valuable experience in an exciting and supportive environment and are enthusiastic about being part of driving extraordinary customer experience, come join our team.
- Research and conduct comparative analysis of other collective agreements and market data
- Attend bargaining sessions, serving as researcher and official recorder, and serving as an integral member of the management bargaining team
- Track case law and emerging labour relations trends to help shape the labour relations strategies
- Track grievances and resolution, as well as dispute resolution activities, and use this data to provide metrics and contextual information
- Conduct audits, perform research assignments and generate reports as required
- Administration of compensation cycles for multiple Collective Agreements
- Support colleagues on the HR team by assuming responsibility for projects and team initiatives
- Provide written responses to grievances and correspondence with legal counsel
- Post-secondary education in a human resource related discipline or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of recent related experience, including at least 3 years of labour relations experience supporting; grievance resolution, arbitration, mediation, and negotiations in a unionized environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to gauge sensitive situations and determine what best approach to negotiate
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent analytical and interpretation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to manage challenging situations and exercise sound professional judgment
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in excel and powerpoint
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (824), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & HR Generalist
Requisition ID: 292748
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate