Senior Network Auditor
Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
The Internal Audit division is on the hunt for a seasoned auditor with expertise in networks. We invite you to be part of our vibrant team, enhancing Rogers's risk management and internal control capabilities. Our key role is to offer the Board of Directors and senior management confidence regarding the integrity of the internal control system. By partnering with both business and technology departments, we aim to safeguard company assets, mitigate risks of potential loss, and protect the company's reputation. We offer a comprehensive range of audits, from safeguarding assets to enhancing their value, spanning areas like network, IT, compliance, operations and addressing both conventional and emerging risks.
What you'll do:
As part of this role, your responsibilities will involve assisting our team in conducting both routine technology audits and audits based on specific projects. Furthermore, you'll offer guidance to stakeholders regarding network and IT operations, refine operational controls, and enhance processes across all Rogers Business Units. This position covers four main pillars of responsibility: audit management, relationship management, team development, and strategic objectives.
A) Audit Management:
Responsible for taking the lead in planning, executing, and finalizing audit engagements as outlined in the risk-based annual audit plan, which also involves supporting the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) 404 compliance program. Responsibilities encompass various activities, including but not limited to:
1. Audit Planning and Execution:
• Define the scope of network audits, considering organizational objectives, risk areas, and compliance requirements.
• Lead and execute comprehensive network infrastructure and operations audits, ensuring timely completion and thoroughness.
• Evaluate network security configurations, including access controls, firewall rules, data encryption, VPNs, segmentation, and other relevant technologies.
• Assist in developing and implement continuous audit techniques, using data analytics to monitor and assess risks on a real-time or frequent basis.
2. Documentation and Reporting:
• Compile critical documents, encompassing the engagement memo, report on findings, and any supplementary communications for primary stakeholders.
• Develop a risk-based audit programs to assess the design and operating effectiveness of controls.
• Compile audit findings, offer actionable recommendations, and create detailed reports for management and relevant stakeholders.
• Supporting the quarterly audit committee reporting by either directly contributing or overseeing team members to gather and accurately document findings information.
• Ensure Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tools and resources are up to date, calibrated, and provide accurate results to auditee.
3. Compliance and Regulatory Oversight:
• During the annual SOX assessments, execute tests on the designated IT controls.
• Stay updated on emerging regulatory changes and standards, ensuring the organization's network remains compliant.
B) Relationship Management – Individual must be able to foster an environment of open & honest communication, feedback & teamwork.
1. Partner with network, IT, security, and operational teams to address risk areas/vulnerabilities, non-compliance, or other areas of concern.
2. Regularly communicate with business units to obtain findings status and verify the successful implementation of recommended changes.
3. Engage with department heads, senior management, and external auditors, providing necessary data, insights, and support as required.
4. Maintain open communication with audit leaders to provide updates on audit progress and any issues encountered during the engagement lifecycle.
C) Team Development – Work on leading and growing your team personally & professionally.
1. Provide oversight, mentorship, and direction to junior team members regarding audit tasks and outcomes.
2. Fulfill training requirements, adhere to personal development plans, and complete performance reviews within specified timelines.
3. Cultivate an atmosphere characterized by transparent communication and collaborative teamwork.
4. Embrace, convey, and promote both affirmative and constructive feedback.
D) Strategic Initiatives
1. Take a leading or supportive role in executing Internal Audit (IA) initiatives, encompassing data analytics using tools like Power BI and Alteryx, as well as implementing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) for continuous auditing and monitoring.
2. Adopting agile methodologies to allow internal audit to be more responsive to changes and adapt to evolving risks.
What you'll have:
• Bachelor's degree in areas like telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer science, information systems, or a similar discipline.
• Master's degree (not mandatory) with a preference in information systems or cybersecurity.
2. Practical Experience:
• 3 to 5 years of internal audit experience, including all aspects of audit methodology and audit reporting.
• Technical Knowledge of: Cloud Technologies, Databases, Network technologies – Firewall, IPS, WAF, Proxy, DLP, Core wireless – 4G and 5G concepts, Application Security, Cyber Security, Cloud Security.
• Experience with various audit methodologies and frameworks such as COSO, COBIT, ISO 27000 series, ITIL, and NIST.
• Understanding of analytics-oriented programming languages (e.g., SQL, Python) is desirable.
• Certification in at least one area (e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, CCNA/CCNP, CompTIA Network+) is desirable;
4. Soft Skills:
• Analytical Skills: Ability to analyse data (Power BI & Alteryx) and understand network logs, flow data, and security events.
• Communication Skills: Ability to convey complex technical details in simple terms to stakeholders.
• Attention to Detail: Critical for identifying vulnerabilities and ensuring network security.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, exhibiting flexibility, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to adjust to competing and/or rapidly changing priorities.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Audit / Compliance
Requisition ID: 295148
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate