Rogers CPA Pre-Approved Rotational Program
Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
Note: a copy of your University transcript is required when submitting the online application. Please enclose the transcript within the same document as your resume.
Financial Analyst, Rogers CPA Approved Training Office (ATO) Program – Start date: Sept 2024
Rogers Communications is proud to offer a CPA Pre-approved Program in Ontario. We are looking to hire students to take part in a three-year rotation program, where the students will attain their thirty (30) months of required qualifying experience and complete the educational requirements necessary to obtain their Canadian CPA designation.
As a Financial Analyst, you will gain valuable experience working with diverse teams of talented professionals across the organization. You will be assigned to three different rotations (each being one-year long in duration) within our finance organization, supporting various lines of business, giving you the ability to develop the skills and competencies needed to become a successful CPA. You will be supported in pursuing your CPA designation and will have access to mentors and career coaches within Rogers.
What you’ll do (specific duties will vary depending on rotation placement):
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual Consolidated Financial Statements and Management Discussion and Analysis
- Assist in the research of appropriate accounting treatment for various unusual and complex transactions, and prepare accounting memos outlining the impact on financial reporting in accordance with IFRS
- Prepare audit files and liaise with external auditors
- Assist in the preparation and execution of audit programs and evaluate the results to draw meaningful conclusions
- Assist with the preparation of SOX compliant quarterly and year-end tax provision working papers, including accounting for deferred taxes
- Assist with the accurate and timely preparation and filing of Canadian income, Canadian capital, US federal and state tax returns
- Work with Finance, IT and other areas of the business to assess control effectiveness and to identify process efficiencies and improvements
- Compile and analyze monthly divisional financial reports for Corporate, Communications, Wireless and Media management
- Analyze assigned financial accounts on a monthly basis and prepare corresponding reconciliations
- Prepare and analyze the divisional Statement of Cash Flows on a monthly basis
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly analysis of expenses
What you’ll have:
- Successful completion of CPA Ontario’s prerequisite educational requirement or completion of a CPA Accredited Program by September 2024. Please see the CPA Ontario’s website for further details.
- Ideally less than one year of professional, full-time experience (e.g., co-op/internship experience)
- Demonstration of extra-curricular activities outside of classes.
- Team player with the ability to manage multiple priorities, learn and succeed in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Well organized individual that pays close attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Oracle Financials and Taxprep is an asset.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Accounting
Requisition ID: 275098
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate