Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
As an Internal Auditor, you will lead and execute financial, operational and/or information technology (IT) general controls audits, on a risk assessed basis, across the Rogers organization in support of Rogers strategic priorities. This position will fit candidates who are curious, possess Operations audit experience, and has a strong desire in developing or advancing their knowledge of the Rogers organization’s business and accounting processes. Candidates must have strong organization skills, excellent communication skills, passionate about continuous learning, committed to producing high quality results and delivering excellent client service.
What you'll do:
This role has 4 key pillars of responsibility in the areas of audit management, relationship management, team development and strategic objectives. Detailed requirements are outlined below:
A) Audit Management:
1) Accountable for executing and completing audit engagements identified in the risk based annual audit plan including support over the SOX 404 compliance program. Activities include but not limited to:
- Effective and efficient testing and evaluation of processes and controls assigned relevant to business imperatives and/or financial reporting
- Ensure engagement related deliverables (e.g., working papers, memos, and reports) are documented as per IIA standards, in line with Rogers’ methodology and GRC protocols.
- Demonstrate proper understanding and provide proper support on findings identified including establishment of value-added, pragmatic recommendations
- Ensure QA and/or engagement review notes are addressed timely in support of established audit timelines.
- Challenge status quo to drive continuous improvement over audit delivery, as applicable.
- Perform other ad hoc tasks, as required
2) Support the senior leadership in executing and delivering the engagements and work that meets established quality standards.
3) Responsible to keep leaders continuously apprised of status and/or escalations.
Risk & Audit Committee Reporting / Findings Update
1) Support the ELT/ARC reporting processes by collecting and documenting accurate and complete findings information in GRC in a timely manner.
2) Support the quarterly compilation of ELT/ ARC reporting deliverables, as applicable.
B) Relationship Management – Individual must be able to foster an environment of open & honest communication, feedback & teamwork.
1) Effectively manage client interactions & relationships to identify risk, assess process and control effectiveness and identifying efficiencies - escalate as required
2) Ensure audit leaders are kept informed of audit work/issues throughout the engagement life cycle.
3) Build and strengthen relationships with peers, managers/senior managers outside of engagement interactions.
C) Team Development – work on leading and growing your team personally & professionally
1) Foster an environment of open and honest communication and teamwork
2) Accept, share, and encourage positive and constructive feedback
3) Complete training, personal development plan(s) and/or performance reviews by required timelines.
D) Strategic Initiatives
1) Participate and/or support the team to deliver on IA initiatives.
2) Stay informed on current, emerging & potential issues, trends & opportunities affecting our clients and team, as applicable.
What you'll have:
• A proven team player that can interact and work with people of varied backgrounds and at different levels within the organization
• Solid ability to manage duties with minimal supervision demonstrating accountability, a strong sense of urgency and initiative in owning tasks to completion
• Flexible and willing to learn new ways, methods, and approaches
• Strong interpersonal skills, including interviewing and building strong relationships
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills, creative approach to problem solving
• Solid communication skills, including presentation and written communications
• Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
• Proven capability to meet deadlines within budget to deliver quality results
Academic Credentials/Technical Skills:
• Hold a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Commerce majoring in Accounting or Finance, or other relevant degree
• Professional Accounting, Auditing or other relevant designations preferred
• Minimum of 2+ years of auditing or relevant business experience
• Strong familiarity with risk management frameworks such as COSO and COBIT.
• Solid experience with Microsoft suite of products including advanced knowledge of Excel, Visio, etc.
• Prior working experience with SOX 404, data analytics tools and business process mapping an asset.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Audit / Compliance
Requisition ID: 295134
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate