Part-Time Casual Studio Camera Operator
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a Part-time Casual Studio Camera Operator to help us grow the Rogers Sports & Media brand and connect with our Citytv and OMNI audience by bringing their passion and creativity to execute on fast-paced and fluid live control shows.
What you will do…
- Operate Studio Cameras including pedestal, handheld, and jib for daily news and all studio productions
- Liaison with the production staff including Director and Producer to setup and perform the required shots
- Operate and help maintain studio lighting
- Set up and operate control room camera control units
- Act as a liaison with studio host and talent
- Assist with staging
- Continuously examine performance of our internal network systems, identify and acting immediately on inconsistencies to provide solutions to fulfill requirements and provide opportunities for continuous improvement
- Maximize utilization of available resources for the ever-growing requirements of Rogers Sports and Media market leading content offerings, and liaise with management and engineering on all technical maintenance and repair related issues
What you will bring…
- Be an experienced and highly skilled camera operator, capable of collaborating closely with the Director to help deliver the creative vision for the program
- A deep technical knowledge of operating broadcast cameras and all relevant technical ancillary equipment
- Excellent skills working with colour
- A natural curiosity and drive to win
- A care for people and the world around them
- An aptitude for working with others and thinking of the team first
- A passion for live news and entertainment, content and broadcasting
- Strong analytical and technical skills/knowledge of various broadcast control systems and peripherals.
- A multi-tasker who works in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & TV Operations
Requisition ID: 295225
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media