Mgr., ERM - Financial Risk
As Manager of Enterprise Risk Management – Financial Risk for Rogers Bank, this position supports foundational elements of the Enterprise Risk Management framework across the Bank. Financial Risk components of this framework, including but not limited to the Credit Risk oversight, Risk Appetite Framework, Model Risk Management, and the concurrent Stress Test (ST), will be critical areas of focus for this position.
What you'll do:
- Support the Bank’s Risk Appetite Framework maintenance – ensure an appropriate level of risk capacity and exposure is considered in establishing, measuring, and reporting Key Indicators.
- Oversee the Credit Risk Management from a second line of defence perspective, identifying patterns and trends associated with multiple risk segments of the portfolio, and driving recommendations to address issues/opportunities across the credit risk lifecycle
- Perform sensitivity analysis to evaluate the impact of different economic and risk environments with an emphasis on credit losses.
- Perform independent challenges of Liquidity and Funding Risk management practices, ensuring that full adherence to the risk framework is obtained and adequate risk governance is achieved.
- Support financial risk-related analysis on new initiatives and business practices that support the Bank’s strategy.
- Support the (ST) program, ensuring compliance with OSFI’s Guideline E-18. Ensure an adequate line of sight to the ICAAP submission, working closely with Finance
- In support of these primary objectives, the Manager of Enterprise Risk Management will:
- Support the identification, assessment, monitoring, and reporting of Credit Risk from a second line of defence perspective, ensuring controls that minimize risks to an acceptable level aligned with the Credit Risk Management Policy
- Provide recommendations to the Expected Credit Losses (ECL) estimation parameters and management overlays to address new/emerging risks and market trends.
- Oversee the annual validation and update of ECL parameters; recommend updates from the Enterprise Risk Management Committee.
- Review and develop risk segments and identify risk factors using statistical modelling techniques
- Automate and maintain reports to evaluate key metrics in support of various stakeholders within the enterprise risk management group
- Conduct financial model validations as required
What you'll have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Finance, Economics, or equivalent quantitative field
• Expert knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) 9 – Financial instrument, measurement of Expected Credit Losses
• Given the complexity of this position, the ideal candidate will have completed the Financial Risk Management (FRM) certification
• 5 years of experience in the unsecured credit card industry
• Practical knowledge of SAS and/or Python statistical packages to conduct data transformation, analysis, and modelling.
• Experience and proficiency in scenario analysis, time series forecasting, and simulations in Microsoft Excel
• Strong analytical and statistical knowledge with an ability to combine quantitative and common-sense problem-solving skills
• Highly proficient with the use of database querying tools such as SQL
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications - advanced Excel (knowledge of macros-VBA and pivot tables)
• Desire to learn and succeed in a challenging, fast-paced environment
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Banking & Compliance
Requisition ID: 291416
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate