Video Journalist OMNI News - Arabic Edition
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
If you have a passion for news, then OMNI wants to meet you. We are looking for a talented Video Journalist who will deliver stories that resonate with Canada’s cultural communities. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in journalism and a passion for storytelling.
What you will do…
- Find original stories that reflect and resonate with the Arabic community in Canada
- Shoot, edit, report and present news stories about the Arabic community on all platforms - including Arabic national newscast
- Present scripted and unscripted coverage, live and recorded, from in-studio and remote locations
- Organize material and write engaging, relevant and concise news stories under tight deadlines according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Collaborate with a diverse team of innovative journalists at OMNI and CityNews
- Build a strong network of contacts within the Arabic-Canadian community
What you will bring…
- Speak fluently in Modern Arabic, read and write Arabic script
- English is an Asset for the position
- Proven experience operating a video camera and editing
- Adaptable and won’t allow obstacles to stop you from producing a compelling story
- Highly attentive to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Fluent in the digital news space with an ability to identify trending stories on social media
- Experience with live news and field production are assets
- A broadcast journalism diploma or equivalent experience
- Valid driver’s license is required
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career
- A team rooted in trust, honesty and empathy that wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1200 Av. McGill College, # 1620 (904), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 291959
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media