Manager, Finance Systems
Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance Systems, this individual will co-lead the General Ledger and Chart of Accounts Finance System Support team and will be an integral part of the successful development and implementation of value-added initiatives within the organization. This individual will support the business community with General Ledger, Standard Chart of Accounts (SCOA), Allocations, Account Reconciliations and other related areas from a system and process perspective. This role will lead initiatives and system implementations related to the above areas regarding operational end to end processes and will ensure all changes/enhancements have been thoroughly tested.
What you'll do:
• Actively co-lead the implementation of the Oracle ERP Cloud platform as it relates to the General Ledger, Standard Chart of Accounts (SCOA), Allocations, Account reconciliations and other related areas operational processes
• Lead the management of end user community support for the above listed areas across all lines of business
• Lead the creation and monitoring of batch jobs as part of the General Ledger, EDM, PCM and ARCS processes to ensure successful completion
• Lead the reconciliation process for SCOA and hierarchies in all transactional and reporting tools
• Lead and support the team in reviewing and monitoring data exceptions and work with the appropriate parties within IT to provide short term and long-term solutions
• Identify process efficiencies and/or best practices and work with relevant teams to implement
• Support projects to enhance system functionality to improve business processes
• Manage and support the business team through month end tasks
• Lead the support of reporting activities or ad-hoc queries.
• Review and approve SOX related testing with external auditors
• Other ad-hoc requirements as necessary
What you'll have:
• Experience leading a Finance system support team
• In-depth knowledge and experience working on General Ledger, Standard Chart of Accounts maintenance, Allocations, Account Reconciliations and related areas within Oracle Cloud
• Accounting and Finance knowledge is required.
• Knowledge of Oracle Cloud Reporting tools is required
• In-depth knowledge of SQL and Oracle Schema (i.e. where the information is stored within Oracle tables) is required
• Ability to work with stakeholders in various departments to align and work towards common solutions
• Proven ability to drive change and identify opportunities for improvements
• Strong time management skills to meet deadlines and the ability to remain organized and focused in a very fast paced environment where multiple and changing priorities are the norm.
• Able to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, problem solve and take initiative
• Minimum of five (5) years related work experience required
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word with strong and written communication skills
• University degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Computer Science, preferably with an analytical focus
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 292983
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate