Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
The Capital & Inventory Accounting Team at Rogers West has an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Manager, Capital & Inventory Accounting, the successful candidate will have strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills and will be responsible for delivering high quality finance reports that provide accurate, timely and insightful information to our business partners. The work location will be in Calgary, Alberta.
What you'll do:
• Accountable for accurate and timely month end journal entries, reconciliation, analysis and reporting in fixed asset and inventory accounting.
• Work with appropriate teams on end-to-end project process including setting up, capitalization, review aging, project reporting and closure.
• Prepare reports and analysis to support various reporting requirements including tax, regulatory and external reporting.
• Collaborate with Commercial Finance team on mapping, reporting and performing analysis on capital expenditures.
• Collaborate with Supply Chain team to ensure capital and inventory items are set up correctly and PO receipt transactions and various adjustments are reflected accurately in the system.
• Assess appropriate accounting treatment to operational teams
• Identify and propose opportunities for streamlining and improving accounting processes.
• Other JE’s, analysis and duties as assigned.
What you'll have:
• Minimum of 5 years of general accounting experience.
• Intermediate to advanced excel skills a must.
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
• Accounting designation or equivalent experience preferred.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Thrives in a collaborative, team focused environment; is adaptive and enthusiastic about ongoing change to workflows and assigned tasks.
• Positive “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 600 500 4th Ave SW (208), Calgary, AB
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Accounting
Requisition ID: 293805
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate