Retail Lead, Jays Shop - Toronto Blue Jays
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Are you interested in joining the Toronto Blue Jays Retail Team? This is your chance
The Toronto Blue Jays are looking for Retail Leads to join our team.
Jays Shop is looking for passionate and strong leaders to join our team for the 2023 baseball season. Our team-driven culture and stimulating atmosphere has established Jays Shop as the leading destination for Toronto Blue Jays official team merchandise and essential to the fan experience at Rogers Centre.
We are seeking Retail Leads who have the desire to champion a winning team, both on and off the field. You will have the opportunity to lead, develop, and motivate Jays Shop team members as we create unforgettable fan moments, build lasting relationships, and provide an unparalleled experience by outfitting fans as they unite in the ever-growing Blue Jays community.
This role may be for you if:
- You are passionate about baseball and leadership.
- You are hands-on and are unafraid to tackle new challenges.
- You are passionate about building relationships with fans and teammates.
- You enjoy motivating, inspiring, and collaborating with others.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
- You are eager to deliver best-in-class service to Toronto Blue Jays fans.
Please note this is a contract position.
- Support Retail Management in motivating Sales Associates to achieve the fan service and sales goals of the merchandising department.
- Ensure that retail staff are engaging all fans according to WE CARE values, to create a positive and welcoming experience for every fan that visits Rogers Centre.
- Responsible for carrying out the general operations of Jays Shop locations in the most professional, organized, and profitable manner.
- Open and/or close stadium retail locations and complete end of day reporting as required.
- Assist with the training of new staff and further coaching and development of team members throughout the baseball season.
- Comprehensive understanding of all systems, products, and services available at Jays Shop.
- Maintain sufficient levels of inventory in retail locations and restock/remerchandise as needed to maximize sales potential.
- Address any fan or Jays Shop staff escalations in a confident and professional manner; finding solutions to avoid further escalation.
- Accountable for maintaining retail standards for visual merchandising, cleanliness, and health and safety of staff and fans.
- Understand, follow, and exhibit all Jays Shop and Toronto Blue Jays policies and procedures as an example to the retail staff; ensure they are following all departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintaining open and clear channels of communication with retail staff and Jays Shop management.
- Successfully lead the retail team through any additional Rogers Centre events, including concerts.
- Any other duties required.
- Previous retail and/or customer service experience required; experience in a leadership or supervisory role preferred.
- Enjoys a high energy environment and demonstrates an appreciation of the diverse backgrounds of Toronto Blue Jays fans and Jays Shop staff.
- A commitment to service excellence and fan satisfaction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills complemented by a friendly and professional demeanour.
- Sound decision-making, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to lead a team in a fast-paced environment and work proficiently under pressure.
- Organizational competency, ability to multi-task, and manage time and resources effectively.
- A team player with a collaborative frame of mind.
- Knowledge and understanding of baseball and the Toronto Blue Jays; must adhere to the Toronto Blue Jays mission and policies.
- Must be available to work all Toronto Blue Jays home games and other Rogers Centre concerts and events.
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to lift, carry, kneel, bend, and reach.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays is required.
WHAT WE OFFER TO YOU
- Commitment to our team - we want you to succeed!
- Ongoing, hands-on training to help you develop your skills.
- Excellent employee discount to use towards Blue Jays gear.
- A unique employment experience working for the only MLB team in Canada.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 1 Blue Jays Way (210), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: No Selection
Posting Category/Function: Baseball / Stadium Operations & Game Day Events
Requisition ID: 280276
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media