Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
Rogers Communications is currently looking for a Manager, Revenue Planning to provide leadership to the Wireless Revenue, COS and Hardware portfolio’s. This position reports to the Sr. Finance Manager, Wireless Revenue Planning and works within the Wireless Finance Operations team. You will lead the planning, reporting and results process for a $7B annualized Wireless Service Revenue portfolio and a $3B Wireless Device portfolio. You have a keen appreciation for the impact of the Revenue drivers. If you love challenges, have a passion for results, and have demonstrated leadership, cross-group collaboration, and business analytics, this is the role for you!
What you'll do:
- Establish and maintain a centralized reporting framework for Wireless revenue and Wireless Equipment. From top line service revenue and Hardware margin reporting to the respective KPIs at the portfolio level.
- Lead the Forecast/Budget and Month end planning cycles for the team
- Spearhead the weekly risks and opportunities framework and process to ensure weekly financial results track back to Quarterly forecasted and budgeted commitments.
- Service as the conduit b/w consumer and R4B Wireless finance teams for forecast and month end purposes.
- Surface insights and key performance drivers across all revenue portfolios against multiple dimensions
- Have a thorough understanding of the levers and KPIs that drive service revenue performance.
- Create ways to monitor performance to ensure forecast accuracy, signaling and communicating variances to plan to leadership
- Partner with business and finance stakeholders to assess profitability and enterprise value.
- Partner and collaborate with stakeholders across finance teams and business partner teams
- Appreciation of IFRS 15 and implications of Hardware discounting to Service revenue.
- Act as revenue SME for projects within the portfolio ensuring accounting entries and reporting are developed.
- Responsible for effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy of financial controls including SOX compliance.
- Ability to manage ad-hoc analytical asks from leadership partnering with others in finance and business
- Effectively manage, coach and develop a team Senior Financial Analysts.
What you'll have:
- Accounting Designation & University degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline from a reputable institution.
- Sharp and polished communicator
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent Excel skills that can independently lead the team to create robust but agile financial models and analyze large amount of data.
- Deep and sharp analytic skills that can quickly identify the root of business performance issue
- Proactive communication and collaboration skills that leads to influence and impact
- Excellent communicator and ability to be a strong business partner
- Excellent software skills in MS Office, billing systems, Oracle Financial System, Discoverer and ADI.
- Experience working on large revenue related projects.
As part of the recruitment process, complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (824), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Financial Planning and Analysis
Requisition ID: 291096
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate