Business Development Representative
Why we are here
The ocean already contains 165 million tons of plastic. By 2050, plastic in the ocean will outweigh fish. In that same year, GHG emissions associated with plastic production, use and disposal, would account for 15% of allowed emissions as per the Paris Agreement. Recycling is the current solution to single-use plastic, however only 5% of plastic is recycled in the U.S. (9% in Canada). Governments around the world are banning single-use plastics and leading businesses have made commitments to eliminate packaging waste across their product offerings by 2030. Experts have proven reusable packaging in a circular economy to be the most environmentally sustainable option. However, food businesses, our primary target market, are facing a major challenge in the adoption of reusables: the costs and complexity associated with offering reusable packaging on their own are untenable. For consumers, there currently is no mainstream option for reusable packaging.
Who we are
Reusables.com is a zero-waste platform and we are creating a new future for food packaging.
We are a mission-driven company helping food businesses and their customers eliminate single-use plastic waste through tech-enabled reusables-as-a-service. Our core technology is a proprietary tracking software that connects with our IoT-enabled tags, two mobile applications and an operator portal to enable many consumers and store to share an inventory of reusable containers within a network (e.g. city, university campus, grocery chains). Our solution enables any food business to offer their customers a convenient zero-waste packaging experience. For consumers, we offer a membership that takes the guilt away from takeaway packaging and rewards for reusing across our growing network of restaurants, cafes and grocery stores.
Our small but mighty team is based in Vancouver, BC and we are backed by leading investors including Ryan Holmes’ LOI Venture, Sustainable Development Technology Canada and others. We are building a world-class team with diverse perspectives. We are young, female-founded, and relentlessly focused on the planet, people and profit (in that order). Our team works hard and with a purpose because we care deeply about the problem we are solving. We also play hard.
Objectives of the role
The primary objective of this role is to rapidly grow our network of store clients (multi-location restaurants, cafes and grocery stores) in British Columbia – with a focus on Metro Vancouver.
Growing the network of stores in British Columbia
● Responsible for executing on the full deal cycle for new commercial business
● Develop your opportunities pipeline through outbound sales activities, leveraging sales automation and CRM tools
● Work with Customer Success to schedule installation and training
Experience and Qualifications:
The position is ideal for an ambitious candidate who is looking to grow their career within a fast-paced, impact business. This is a prospecting-oriented role within a growing organization where you will be expected to completely own the end-to-end sales process. You will be the first dedicated sales person (besides the CEO) working on business development. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who has sales development and experience, does not shy away from prospecting and is motivated by both financial upside and environmental impact through their work. We hope that the candidate will grow into a sales leader within our organization.
1. Basic Requirements
● 2+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record in sales and business development
● Experience making 60+ unique sales actions per day (e.g. phone-call, unique email, LinkedIn message) in addition to automated actions through sales software
● Experience working in a startup/scale-up is preferred
● Experience as an individual contributor and aspirations to grow into leadership
● Skilled with CRM software, Excel, and sales automation tools
● Excellent communication and collaboration skills
● Access to a vehicle and ability to visit customers around the Lower Mainland
2. Preferred Requirements
● Speaks multiple languages
● Ability to thrive at multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment.
● Excited by uncertainty, adventure and complex problem solving
● Experience working in a startup/scale-up
● Knowledge or experience in circular economy / sustainability
● Experience in food retail sector (e.g. restaurants, grocery etc.)|||Vancouver, BC (Remote)|||Sales||||||wUPlM43-dG6PoPLg|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||