Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
Why Redlen Technologies?
Redlen Technologies is a pioneering company that has revolutionized the semiconductor crystal growth and fabrication process.
At Redlen Technologies, innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Our founder's visionary work with the Canadian Space Agency laid the foundation for our groundbreaking Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) sensors, revolutionizing medical imaging, security imaging, and non-destructive testing. We are driving a quantum leap forward in medical CT scanners, elevating diagnostic accuracy while reducing radiation dose– a technological feat that has earned us global recognition. With a commitment to excellence, we have earned the trust of Fortune 500 industry customers, leading to our acquisition by Canon Inc. for $430M– a testament to our industry leadership.
With over 200 dedicated professionals, we take pride in fostering a work environment where Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) professionals thrive. As an equal opportunity employer we demonstrate that diversity drives innovation, and we are passionate about building a future where every employee contributes to our mission-driven success. Redlen's teams, mirroring the multifaceted diversity of Canadian society, exemplify our commitment to leveraging a wide range of ideas and backgrounds as a driving force for innovation, business excellence, and pioneering advancements in STEM.
Join a team responsible for enabling the next-generation of complex detector modules for X-Ray and CT scanning applications using Photon Counting Computed Tomography (PCCT) CZT sensors. You will be responsible for ensuring that Redlen suppliers meet the required quality, Management System and regulatory requirements with respect to their manufacturing processes and the parts and subsystems they deliver.
This role involves travel to supplier sites from time to time to carry out supplier audits.
Key responsibilities include:
In collaboration with Module Development, Purchasing and Manufacturing teams:
- Leading the supplier qualification process to select, assess and qualify new suppliers.
- Preparing & reviewing completed Supplier Assessment Questionnaires,
- Performing Supplier Assessment audits (on-site or virtual),
- Maintaining the Approved Vendor List (AVL).
- Leading the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) to:
- Preparing PPAP documents,
- Assisting suppliers with timely PPAP package submissions,
- Assessing results and approving PPAP packages,
- Driving the supplier change control activities through Redlen’s internal change control process.
- Handling supplier quality issues and non-conformances (Incoming & In-process) by:
- Generating and approving supplier Non-Conformance Reports (NCR)
- Supporting suppliers with timely root cause analysis, containment and corrective action implementation.
- Preparing, assessing and delivering annual Supplier Performance Reports.
- Planning and coordinating a quarterly quality review meetings with key suppliers.
- Defining, developing and maintaining Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for managing the supplier’s performance.
- Supporting Program Management with supplier & parts qualification in the Product Development Process (PDP).
- Supporting QA Engineering for timely resolution of customer complaints caused by supply chain parts.
- Working with the Module Development teams to develop documentation i.e. Workmanship Standards, Quality Plans for supplier quality.
- Minimum 8 years’ manufacturing experience with at least 5 years in a SQE role;
- ISO 9001, ISO 13485 or equivalent QMS experience;
- A strong working knowledge of PPAP & FMEA;
- Demonstrated depth of ability in using statistical software (such as JMP or Minitab) and MS Office suite;
- Able to travel internationally;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Proven experience with working in an ISO9001 or equivalent manufacturing environment;
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects while meeting critical program milestones;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team environment;
- Demonstrate positive attitude and self-motivation;
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Certified ASQ Quality Engineer preferred.
- Lead ISO9001 or equivalent Internal Auditor certification preferred.
Salary Range: $85,000-120,000 CAD
This range spans intermediate and emerging senior engineering levels for the Victoria employment market.
If you believe your skill level and/or subject matter expertise falls outside of this range and you’re interested in working with Redlen, please get in touch with our internal recruiters to explore alignment with Redlen’s Hiring Plan! In your message, please specify where you see your skills fitting in our teams so that we can goal-set together with you.
- Pay Type Salary